Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Held wide track E-brake

Held wide track E-brake

I finally got under my car for the first time tonight. Come to find out the reason the E-brake is not working on my car is because it's not hooked up. Does the Held wide track need new brake cables for the e-brake to work???

Also the passenger side rear wheel was out of wack because the shock/spring was loose and so was one of the bushings. I didn't think it was a good thing when I could move it back and forth about two inches.

TIA,
    Ron

Re: Held wide track E-brake

Got some pics?

Don't want to knock anyone but, Who did the work on your car? Someones got to nut and bolt the whole car just in case
    other things are loose. grrr

David
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by jdinner
    Got some pics?

Not knowing anything about these car I'm assuming these are supposed to go together.

The passenger side has no problem hooking up, which I think is kinda odd since the driver's side is so far off. *Or course my ignorance on these cars this could be OK.

I'm going to have to go through the whole car and *check bolts. *I'm not sure who installed the wide track in the car.

Hey Sacto, how can I get my undercarriage parts frosted in red like that......?

I'm not going to talk down on other peoples work, I just hate to see things like this. I know who did the body install, but who installed the wide track. same person or different shop? The home depot galvinized threaded pipe is pretty hacky!
    My opinion.

David

Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

Who did do the body install on this car? I know it is an A/D body but don't know that I ever heard who originally built it...

Ron, be careful in that thing. As has been said, finding suspension parts loose is scary! Go over the whole car!

Could it be that the brake was just not hooked up on purpose? Obviously you would need a lot longer cable since you are adding so much width to the car. Maybe a longer cable setup was just never found for it. Is the car an auto or manual. If it's an auto, it would not surprise me if they didn't worry about it. I never use the emergency brake on any of my automatic cars.
    http://www.fiero-performance.com/misc/songman355a.gif      Fiero-Performance.com      [url=http://www.fiero-performance.com/coastrun/]2nd Annual California Coast Run[/url

John Watson installed the body on the car, from there I don't know who installed the wide track. It was John Hayes' car when JW installed the body, then it went to Scott and the widetrack was already installed. I'm not sure if John Hayes installed the widetrack himself, watson did it, or some other shop.

Songman: It's a stick shift car so it should have been hooked up. :

I just looked at Held's website and couldn't find the link for the widetrack 84-87 to see what it has to say. I also tried to call them and got a voicemail for someone named Lee (didn't say anything about held motorsports). ???

Lee Waldmiller is the owner of Held. Send him an e-mail with the specifics and he will get back to you. He's a good guy.

I don't think John Watson would have installed the suspension. I think all he deals with is bodies.
    http://www.fiero-performance.com/misc/songman355a.gif      Fiero-Performance.com      [url=http://www.fiero-performance.com/coastrun/]2nd Annual California Coast Run[/url

I know for a fact that J W did not install any suspension on John Hayes’s car. I was there the day before the car was picked up from Watson. I also noticed the pipe has no red overspray on it. So, in my opinion, whoever had the car before you did the deed. If your using a wider track suspension, you need to install a Firebird or Camero e-brake cable on the set up or it will be way too short. I made one for mine for under $25 out of used parts.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.