Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hummer Kit?

Hybrid View

Hummer Kit?

Hey, just wondering who makes the best replica kit for a hummer H1? I'v seen a few out there but there horrible and dont even resemble a hummer. I would like to find one that looks identical if possible. Also, how hard is it to biuld these kits? Price is also a issue, i dont want to pay a arm and a leg, but if that is what it comes down to when i have my exact replica kit then so be it. thanx for any help.

Re: Hummer Kit?

Give these guys a shout, Personally I think it is one of the best out there as it utilises many OEM parts
    www.tremormuv.com
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Wasn't there a hummer replica company called T-REX ? I remember a year or two ago, they used an all aluminum tub
    and a glass front end. I was really nice, fit and finish was excellent. Maybe went under after GM took over.

EEExotic
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

This one was built in 2001 by Bill Welch, Clearwater, Florida.* Previous owner of B & B Spiders.* Bill had the doors and cab manufactured by a local metal fab shop in Clearwater.* The nose and top were by a company that has since gone out of business.* The Chassis is from a Chevy Suburban, 1984 vintage.

Dave

REGARDING THE T-REX:

Jurassic Truck Corporation, my company in Texas, produced the T-REX vehicle from the late 1990s through March of 2001. I would like to quickly answer a few questions:

The T-REX was conceived origionally as a stunt vehicle replacement in films for the H1 HUMVEE in 1996. Back then, GM was not in the picture. AM General produced the military HUMVEE and the civilian HUMMER.

We built our own vehicle as a competitor to the HUMVEE, but not as a direct replica. The T-REX featured steel body panels over a NASCAR style frame. The top was open, like on a Jeep. We designed the vehicle to use straight axles and monster tires that were 17.5" in width.

We built them in Arlington, Texas in a 20,000 square foot facility that was two blocks from George W. Bush's BALLPARK IN ARLINGTON. We won the MOST INNOVATIVE NEW PRODUCT award by the city's BUSINESS PRESS. Car and Driver Magazine tested the T-REX at Chrysler's proving ground for three days. Their findings? We weighed 3,000 pounds less than an H1, but was extremely solid. We accelerated zero to sixty nine seconds faster than an H1 with only a small block 350 Chevy. We turned in a (0.79g) cornering (lateral acceleration) number on the skidpad, which beat every other truck and SUV including Shelby's version of the Dodge Dakota.*

In our production run we produced 115 units of various types, including fire trucks, Cummins-powered hardtops, three-door stretch parade cars, etc. The T-REX vehicles were featured in dozens of magazines, newspapers, and dozens of TV newscasts, including Fox News. We did several episodes of Walker, Texas Ranger, ABC's 20/20 with Barbara Walters, and TRUCKS! TV.

We had a businesslike relationship with AM General. Later, when GM entered the picture, we were not bothered at all. In fact, I personally provided a statement in favor of the H2 in one of their trademark disputes in 2002.

What happened to us? Nothing terribly dramatic. Sales were just fine. In fact I took a step to expand by beginning development of a new T-REX that was to be fully certified through DOT / NHTSA, the EPA, and California's CARB. That vehicle would have been sold as a turnkey through selected Dodge dealerships to be franchised when introduced.

The new T-REX was to use a hot-rodded Cummins Turbo Diesel engine, an Allison five speed automatic, and five-link air suspension. Most notably I was developing a new fully brushed stainless steel body, and many other features. I took on an independent investor to finance this new phase while we continued production.

Simply put, the corporation imploded from within. I owned most of the stock, and there was a group within that strategised a way to take over ownership. This happens in business more than you might think. As a result of infighting the company was forced to close. It took six months to close everything down, and to pay off a large loan to the City of Arlington, but they were paid in full.

I have had many ask why I did not reopen considering the good sales record and multiple millions available?* My answer in this. I have taken several years to write some books that will be available next year. After that, I may put together some venture funding and do just that. I have some new futuristic drawings that are the basis for new vehicle plans. We will see.

I am often moved by seeing the kind words that have been written about the T-REX. At some point I should probably put together a club and try to locate all of them. Thanks for your question.

[img][/img]

2000 Jurassic T-Rex H1 #61

Hey Mrtrex , I have #61 of the 115 that you manufactured, I would like more info on the parts etc. to this baby , I always have a hard time finding parts because nowadays these Autoparts stores are totally useless when it comes to finding parts lol , Sorry if I sound frustrated but truth be told I am, This machine was pretty much never used infact I have less then 500 actual miles on it, I bought it Directly from the fella who bought from the fella you guys sold or gave it too etc etc. I have since done some modifications to it ive turned it into a Safari/Tour truck for Brew Tours and Wine Tours, If I may brag a bit I think I am doing a good job, Ive had some issues with it mechanically not too bad for one it slightly over heats on me and it runs a bit rich, I've taken it to several mechanics and they are pretty much like the Auto part stores LAMERS LOL, no more old school guys around my friend its very frustrating, anyway my latest issue is the Shifter I would like to change it for a more rugged one the one it has on it doesn't properly work and frankly I don't like it, Id love to put a T type shifter , the linkage at the transmission is wore so the last mechanic said .... I would like to go somewhere and just buy a better shifter .... local Salvage yards have no clue to help me and im stuck ... anything you can send me or help me if appreciate it. attached are some picture of it how it looks today. By the way thanks so much for the info.

interesting reading ..thank you for sharing your story ,hope at the end you didn';t find yourself in the poor house, you should be commended for repaying your creditors despite the break-up of your firm ...also hope to hear from you in the future ...good luck ...john

WoW.. I had no idea this all went on. It's so sad to see your dream lost is as little as six months, i'm sorry to hear this. I wish you the best with your book deals and possible upcoming future projects. Sounds like you can't set still, which is a good thing considering the talent you have fine turned over the years. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

David Ekstrom
    SLC Utah
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous