Thread: Calling Everyones Help

Calling Everyones Help

Hi Guys I need some help once again. ??? These kit cars show you just how limited your knowledge is. I need to figure out a way to use a PFI (sequential Port Fuel Injection) with the standerd Cadillac cruise for the 4.9 using the fiero auto(3 spd) trans. I have been trying to see if there was somewhere that broke it down but I have not been able to find it. If anyone could give me there contact information for me to pass on to Leon the guy that is building my 4.9. I have not yet seen my build, though from what we (me and Leon) have talked about it I hope that it might change many of your minds about using a 4.9. He likes to do top notch work and has spent countless hours explaining everything to me. It is nice to find someone like a John Watson for the mechanical aspect of these cars. I could never say enough about how great both men have been with talking to me for long amounts of time just so I understand exactly what they are doing. I look forward to seeing the work that Leon is doing and would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me figure this one out as I have hit a wall and it seems the 4.9 is somewhat a new conversion for the forum compared to the 3800. Thanks Again guys for all your help!!!

87ferrari

Re: Calling Everyones Help

Sent you an e-mail with my number. I would be more than happy to help you as best I can.

HI all,

I don't MEAN to flame you but wouldn't it be a smarter option to join the pennock fiero forum and ask this ? there??? As a member of this forum I "can" tell you this, there are at least 5 people there who could answer this one in a single post or so.....Seriously....Anyone who owns a fiero and wants to mod it should join the fiero forum at pennocks! Even if you have a kit, big deal! Your fiero tech related ?'s would be MUCH easier to answer there than here I THINK........
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

The first question I would ask is why? Use the Caddy transmission. That 4-speed overdrive automatic is fantastic!
    http://www.fiero-performance.com/misc/songman355a.gif&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Fiero-Performance.com&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; [url=http://www.fiero-performance.com/coastrun/]2nd Annual California Coast Run[/url

It has already been posted on that forum as well. Just figured that since we have guys that are very knowledable guys on this forum that I would ask here first. Songman I am keeping the fiero trans because it is already in and hooked up plus I am trying to keep my cost down and if I decide I fall in love with the car then I can upgrade then, esp when I could be home from school for greater spance of time then just the weekends to be able to work on it.

Sorry Guys dads name never signed out. -Fast Eddie

Yeah, I understand about having the time. The tranny swap is actually not all that hard and even less expensive.... But you'll get to that in your own time...

My first 4.x swap was a 90 model Caddy. It was a 4.5 instead of a 4.9. This was the only year 4.5 that had the PFI like the later cars. Of course, I had the entire car so engine/tranny/wiring/ECM was the way to go... Same way the 3100SFI is done in Rie's 87GT.
    http://www.fiero-performance.com/misc/songman355a.gif&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Fiero-Performance.com&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; [url=http://www.fiero-performance.com/coastrun/]2nd Annual California Coast Run[/url

You need to use all of the 4.0 cruise components. The 4.9 PCM controls that function. You shoudn't have to use the Fiero cruise module at all. You just need to extend the wires from the cruise stalk controls to the 4.9 PCM.
    Do yourself a favor and click on this link and get this book! All the answers to your questions are here. forget Haynes or Chiltons, they are junk compared to this. Trust me on this one!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...927948896&rd=1
    Even the longest journey begins with the first step.