Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternative headlights?

Alternative headlights?

Has anyone tried an alternative to the saturn headlights for the AD355? After getting a pair at the u-pickit I realized that they are way small. The OEM 355 lights are way to expensive to even consider for me. I picked up these 240sx headlights at the u-pickit the same day. What do you think?

Here's the saturn headlights next to the Nissan unit

Here it is sitting in the Fiero

Even the longest journey begins with the first step.

Re: Alternative headlights?

the a.d uses the saturn assy. and i think you cut and add to the lid on the saturn h/l assy ,to make it bigger. i dont really understand what you mean when you say the 240sx h/l is bigger ,the sealed beam in the saturn and the 240 are the dame

Here is a pic of saturn headlight installed and turned on

I'll have to go out and measure them but the Nissan sealed beam is wider and taller plus the trim surround looks a lot better. I'm not sure yet if it's worth the hassle of trying something new over a solution that's known to work. I've got 30 days to take either pair back to the junkyard for credit.

I have used late model C5 corvette headlights. The lights from the junkyard are about $300 for the whole bucket. I came across a site named 'corvette america' and can get R and L lights for $150 a piece, and the bezels for about $14 ea. These fit perfectly into the space I have and look authentic as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariXXXman
    I have used late model C5 corvette headlights. The lights from the junkyard are about $300 for the whole bucket. I came across a site named 'corvette america' and can get R and L lights for $150 a piece, and the bezels for about $14 ea. These fit perfectly into the space I have and look authentic as hell.
    can you post a photo of that, i'd really like to see it.

thanks,
    tom.s

I've seen a couple of cars with the Saturn lights installed and I honestly hope I can find something a little more authentic looking. The Saturn lights are just way to small. After seeing Dave's real 355 lights, I'm on the looking for something with a rectangular light.
    http://www.fiero-performance.com/misc/songman355a.gif      Fiero-Performance.com      [url=http://www.fiero-performance.com/coastrun/]2nd Annual California Coast Run[/url

My car has the Saturn headlights.........oops I mean the Saturn headlight fixtures, minus the actual headlights. I don't care for them either. When I get to that point of the build I'm going to try the headlights out of a Buick Century in the Saturn mechanism.

Sicilian Jr. Could you post some detailed photos of exacty how the saturn assemblies are mounted/installed ? Some photos fro the top, sides and front with the hood opened up would be cool.

sacto, how close are the buick century dims to OEM? I need to get John some....I like them way better too