Thread: Has anyone figured out or thought about using temp controls from a different car

Has anyone figured out or thought about using temp controls from a different car

that uses a more "low profile" control layout so we may be able to mount the switches and dials where they are supposed to go?

I talked to Rob of Fiero Conversions and he says we have about an 1.5" of depth in this location for a 355 conversion interior.* He said he could fab some controls to work there if I could find him some that were a close shape and dimention.

Anyone know of a car that may use something that may fit here?* I just rented a Chevy Cheyenne truck and the controls looked to be about the same shape but I have no clue as to the depth.* If someone who is a bit smarter than I could give me some possible leads based on what theyve seen at yards I could do a follow up.

Just a quick ebay search found me these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=38641

which look low profile enough.* Do they function the same way from the 80's to now?
    What is the depth of OEM Ferrari controls?

Re: Has anyone figured out or thought about using temp controls from a different car

I would love ot find a set to be able to put into the center console as htis way we do not have to each over inot the glove box to turn on the AC or install those bulky controls under the dash. Has anyone gotten any closer to being able to figure out how to get OEM controls to work?

Re: Has anyone figured out or thought about using temp controls from a different

I haven't gotten to re-routing the wiring yet for the temp controls but here are the scamatics if anyone else needs them.

David

Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

Re: Has anyone figured out or thought about using temp controls from a different

Quote Originally Posted by EEExotic
    I haven't gotten to re-routing the wiring yet for the temp controls but here are the scamatics if anyone else needs them.

David

??? ;D

LOL. Nice pic huh!! I scanned the scamatics for the temp control and this is what came out on my upload link. hmm
    weird. I'll try it again.

David
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous