Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: radio antinna???

radio antinna???

I would like to know what anybody has done to get reception on there radios without sticking an ugly intenna on the outside of there car? I bought one of those 12 volt assest units,and mounted it under the fender and I can only get a couple of stations,and not to clear.And I dont want to get sattelite radio.What does Ferrari use? Or what is a good idea besides that foil crap you stick to your windshield?

Re: radio antinna???

Wholf run his antenna along the inside of his front fender on his 308 it is tucked away and is a cool Idea to me.

I did the same thing,and Im not getting any good reception.Maybe my radio is s#it.

I have not tried this myself but here is a link for a hidden one:
    http://www.autoloc.com/detail.lasso?itemid=hab

The problem with laying your antenna under your fender is that you then lose the omnidirectional benefit of the antenna...

Some guys have mounted two antenna, one under each from fender, with the tip going in opposite directions with pretty good results. Still not optimal though.
    http://www.fiero-performance.com/misc/songman355a.gif      Fiero-Performance.com      [url=http://www.fiero-performance.com/coastrun/]2nd Annual California Coast Run[/url

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie
    I have not tried this myself but here is a link for a hidden one:
    http://www.autoloc.com/detail.lasso?itemid=hab
    That add says you cant get AM. I guess I wont be able to listen to Rush Limbau in my car.Ill try songmans idea,if that dont work,Ill get a CD player.

I mounted one of those amplified antennas inside my dash. Fiberglass looking wing looking thing. Works great for me. It looks like a smaller version one of those old tv antennas that used to stick on cars.

I ahve used one of those hidden antennas that go behind your mirror like the one above. It was thinner than that one though, and worked great. I could get all stations with perfect recpetion!

The one I baught looks like a regular antina except that it has a wire going to power.Ive never seen the smaller ones like you guys said.Im going to Radio Shack tomorrow to get a toggle switch for my fog lights,Ill see if they have those other antinas. Thanks guys. I finnaly painted my car,now Im working on the small stuff

The antenna in my 92 Pontiac TransPort mini van, was up in the roof somewhere. Did not get an actual look at the thing, but was wondering one day, where it was, as I had noticed, that I had never saw it. Traced the coax up the pillar, to the roof section on the passenger side. Would of had to be laying flat in there. Maybe something to look into....

Kevin