Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Kit Car Project - available in 2005!!

New Kit Car Project - available in 2005!!

Hello all, new to this forum, and i would just like to introduce a new Kit car that will be available hopefuly sometime in 2005. Its being manufactured in the Dominican Republic, with consulting from a few shops, body and chassis builders in the US, and other sponsors.

I will let the website and pictures speak for them selfs, if anybody has any additional questions they can contact me or the owner of the project.

You can find the website here at: DDR Motorsports

Thanks for listening.

---------------------------
    Claudio RX-7
    Tuning Technology Unlimited - For RX-7's and the Performance Markets
    www.tuningtechnology.com
    info@tuningtechnology.com
    Santo Domingo, D. R.
    The DDR Team - DDR Motorsport<br />www.ddrmotorsport.com<br />info@ddrmotorsport.com

Re: New Kit Car Project - available in 2005!!

Very nice looking car!* I recognize the car but can't put a name to it.* Is this based on a RX-7??* Can't wait to see a finished product!* Please keep us updated.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just found it............. McLaren........sweet!! ;D

yea it looks like a mod of a mclaren (wise in terms of legal matters), and this means those that want a replica just need to cut out headlights etc..

me likes
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Please Please Please tell me that this car will be based on a third generation fd3s Rx-Heaven!

I got a spare waitin for the project if it is...

Please Please Please tell me that this car will be based on a third generation fd3s Rx-Heaven!

I got a spare waitin for the project if it is...

Well guys, ill try to be as detailed as i can, but for now everything is a work in progress with this car, the project owner still needs to sit down with a few people to work out some of the major details like chassis work, interior trims, and overall component selection.

The car as you pointed out is based on the mclaren f1, but as you also mentioned, due to legal reasons the car cant be called a McLaren F1 replica. Also, the chassis and drive train for the initial models are going to be from the Toyota MR-2 90-94 SW20 model. The suspension, engine and management, dash, drivetrain, etc, are from this particular car.

Also, the first prototype will be properly "flogged" run to the limit to garantee integrity and durability. As i mentioned this is a work in progress to determine both the strong and weak points the car might have so its offspring will be top quality work.

Another point we might be considering is to offer the car as a package deal, where we would supply the major components, chassis, body work, etc, and you would use a "donor" MR-2 car and you can complete the install your self, bringin costs down somewhat.

I will definately use this forum more often to bring you progress of the car and information on the components used and trim/performance levels that will be offered. Initially we will work with a bone stock MR-2 drive train, (engine, management, etc), and later on we might offer aftermarket parts, engine management systems, etc., to make the car even more appealing.

Will keep everybody posted.

Thanks for your support!

---------------------------
    Claudio RX-7
    Tuning Technology Unlimited - For RX-7's and the Performance Markets
    www.tuningtechnology.com
    info@tuningtechnology.com
    Santo Domingo, D. R.
    The DDR Team - DDR Motorsport<br />www.ddrmotorsport.com<br />info@ddrmotorsport.com

it's possible to use a bmw v12 (m70?) and an audi transaxle to get the best accuracy.
    also how accuract is the basic shape and size to the real mclaren?
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Ok, just to clear up a few details that will eventually be posted up on the website.

- This is not a McLaren F1 replica, it is a GT inspired car, much like the Porsche GT1, Jaguar XJ220, Ford GT90 prototype, Porsche 962, etc.

- The current platform will be based on the Toyota MR-2 from 1990-94, this is a mid engine rear drive car, with a 2.0L 3S-GTE turbo engine, that comes rated at 230HP stock, but when modified will allow for over 400HP very easily, with aftermarket engine management and turbo kit.

- The use of a different engine configuration would net a design revision and imply higher manufacturing costs that arent yet planned. We used this particular engine/chassis combination because of its versatility and agility and ease of modifications and parts availability. Eventually we will try to do a bigger engine if the demand is there. Example, the V6 1MZ engine found in the late model camrys, solaras, and lexus, is a almost perfect fit to the 3S transmission with minor mount modifications.

- This is a car that is being built with the "daily driver" concept as the number one priority. This means that we are shooting for it to have AC, bucket (but confortable) seats, even the option to install a stereo system. Different wheel/tire/brake packages for the different power levels.

Also, as the development the project moves further we will probably be updating a lot of the specs as we go so we can offer the best bang for the buck.

If there is anything else, please contact us.

around how much would i be looking at for just the body and glass? This kit can be mounted on a 1990-1994 mr2 correct? Will a tubillar frame be avalible for mounting? thanx.

aconcepts

Looks awsome cant wait to get mine done
    you do great work !