Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi I wanted to replicate a car part using fiber class where can I buy the necess

Hi I wanted to replicate a car part using fiber class where can I buy the necess

Hi I wanted to replicate a car part using fiber class where can I buy the necessary materials to do it online (uk),and also do you know of any online tutorials on how to do it

Re: Hi I wanted to replicate a car part using fiber class where can I buy the necess

Tutorials on this link.
    http://www.madmechanics.com/links/links.php?cat=29

You will need:

Mould release
    Gel coat. Spray or brush on.
    fiberglass cloth and mat. Mat is the stands type of fiberglass and cloth is the woven type. Normally I get mine in 1.5 oz wieghts.
    Resin
    hardener that coms with the resin.
    I use surgical gloves when fiberglassing
    mask

Run through the tutorials and links above and you shoudl get a pretty good idea on how to make moulds. It really is not that hard if you are doing simple shapes but can get a little more complicated when doing complex shapes that require the molds to be made in section to be able to get the part out.

Good luck

Don
    A one off mould is satifactory to use 1-2 layers of cloth
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Re: Hi I wanted to replicate a car part using fiber class where can I buy the necess

Elpis,
    Another great source of information is www.fiberglast.com

They have a free online tutorial section that explains every step in great detail as well as needed materials. Have fun!!

Bob
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

Re: Hi I wanted to replicate a car part using fiber class where can I buy the ne

Bob "Superstang460" is right about fiberglast they are a really good company to deal with. I bought their 5 pack video set that covers anything any everything on fiberglass. And their tech guys are very helpful.

David
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

Re: Hi I wanted to replicate a car part using fiber class where can I buy the ne

thank you very much also i have a ferrari 360 key anyone has any ideas how to relpicated it .
    i have made the molds from metal apoxy ,

any ideas

I have thought of doing this myself. What if you made a mold of the 360 key at the top, buy fiero key blanks and insert one into the center of the 360 key mold, and fill the top of the key mold with black resin which would encase the fiero key into a 360 looking top? You would then have a duplicated 360 key with the key shank of a fiero ignition.

so what plastic material do you recoment to use and what metal should i use to relpicate the small ferrari horse

I never got that far in the thought process. In all honesty, I am not that knowledged in this field to even know what material would be best for a key duplicate.

AP here on the forum makes replica keys for the 355, he may be able to make a set for you. Here is a link to the 355 key blank thread. I have a set and they look great.

http://www.madmechanics.com/yabbse/i...hp?topic=153.0

-Ron

Ron,
    Awesome link!! Do you still have your keys? Are these the same ones that Dan of Powerhouse can get? I wonder if AP is still doing so, it has been almost a year now.

Bob