Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will a 3.4 DOHC motor for a 1996 Z34 Lumina work in a Feiro?

Will a 3.4 DOHC motor for a 1996 Z34 Lumina work in a Feiro?

I have a chance of getting a brand new 1996 Z34 Lumina production 3.4 DOHC crate motor at a super price. This motor will be complete including the induction. Will this be the type of engine for me to get? I will be using a 1986 Feiro for an F355 build and had hoped this engine will work. Also what transaxle should be used with this combo?

Correction > the motor turned out to be a long block, but at $650 for a new long block I can't pass it up.

* Thanks
    Allen

Re: Will a 3.4 DOHC motor for a 1996 Z34 Lumina work in a Feiro?

So I just found a link to someone that says I can use this engine, but it would be nice just the same to have a few more people confirm this for me before I go and take the plunge tomorrow morning and order this engine. BTW, I am using the search menu, but I was hoping for some answers tonight.

Thanks
    Allen

Yes, a lot of us have used that engine. Check over at Pennocks forum for some more info. Darthfiero has a nice build thread.
    Even the longest journey begins with the first step.

FerrariFan I found the thread - Thanks. It looks very informitive!

Thanks again
    Allen

Pennock's is great, and Darth is a great resource...Here are a couple of other sites:
    http://fiero.cc/fiero-tdc/members/mws/swap/
    http://www.60degreev6.com/

www.dohcfiero.com used to work, but they may be gone now.
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

RCR, Thanks for the links. * Great info!

* Ok - I am buying a brand new 3.4 DOHC 94-95 Crate Engine from where I work. The engine will cost me $650 which I am sure I can't beat. I told my boss about them being used in Feiro's and he said I could offer them to the others here. This is a discontinued engine from GM now and a last chane of getting a factory new 94-95 3.4 V6 DOHC. There are only two left for sale at Ron Tonkin Chevrolet's cost of $650 plus you pay for the shipping. We also have available a few 96-97 3.4 DOHC Crate Engines.

* I know I am new here and this may be a NO!NO! But this just came up suddenly and I hope it's allright that I posted this here? If not please feel free to remove this thread and I am sorry.

* I posted this in the Mall section, BTW these are long blocks not complete as I first thought. I hope that we will be ordering them by the first part of next week.
    Cheers
    Allen

* Ok guys here is a little more info - What GM does for the larger parts buying dealerships is for the last couple of years send a list of motors they are discontinuing. I didn't bring the list home with me, but I know that there were also many different years of 4.3 long blocks on there as well as many other motors at super prices. I would be happy to go over the list for you if you call me Monday through Wednesday next week after 9:am West coat time. These are brand new crate engines that my parts department will sell at a small mark up, with well over a thousand dollars in savings most of the time for you. I believe the 3.4 DOHC went for over 3 grand, so you can see what I meen about a super buy. You would be buying from Ron Tonkin Chevrolet not me, It is a reputable buisness that I have been a parts man for over 18 years. I just want to stress this is a one chance deal this year and I hope to put the order in next Wednesday. Check out the link below to learn more about the Dealership I work for.

* BTW, I just wanted to get as much info as possible to you so that I don't get people asking for these after next week. I will post pictures of the shipment when it arrives. I will be buying two of the 94-95 3.4's for myself as I believe someone will be hitting me up for it after I post the pictures.

* Cheers

http://www.tonkin.com/

Look me up here to check my stats > http://www.ffcobra.com/cgi-bin/ultim...ubb=forum;f=17

Allen

Just rapped with Allen in Portland concerning those 3.4L DOHC's. The dudes all right in my book,AND I DONT EVEN READ....LOL. I got a 89/Corsica H/B (VinLBody) FWD with a 2.8L. Gotta find out if a 3.1LTurbo,3.4LDOHC, or a 3800SeriesIISuper will fit into her. THANKS Allen for EVEN concidering to "run my problems down)....your all right.....Fitzdaman.

fitzdaman,

* I will get back to you monday on your questions. I am sure there will be the need of a new ECM and possibly a different Trans.* I will talk with one of the guys in our shop about that though. It would be great to see if anyone has modified a Corsica here, but it is unlikely that has been done. As far as how many 3.4's I will end up with we Ordered all of the ones that would work for the Feiro's and there was 32 of the 96-97 3.4 DOHC versions available that are not the prefered ones that I think would work for you. It sure sucks that this was a one time deal though.

Talk to you later.
    Allen

I have a new crate DOHC sitting in one of my engine bays.* They area a wonderful engine to have.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    John Good
    <br />Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
    <br />Canada