Thread: Question about Ferrari bolt pattern

Question about Ferrari bolt pattern

Got a question. Am I correct that the Ferrari bolt pattern is 5X108 ?? And I'm now running a wide track suspension, is there room to drill the Ferrari bolt pattern in the Fiero spindle?? I appreciate the info........... Brian.

Re: Question about Ferrari bolt pattern

I have done the things you have mentioned.

The Ferrari bolt pattern is in fact 5/108mm. The wide track suspension is great to use. If you are thinking of re-drilling your hubs and rotors on the front of the Fiero the hub can be re-drilled. If your using the small brakes from the Fiero you may want to look at some big brake options form a Corvette, Chrysler or Wilwood.

The rear is another challenge if your going to use OEM Ferrari rims. The inside of the rim will hit the shock even with a wide track suspension. The best thing to do there is to use a wheel spacer 3" on a 3" wide track rear suspension and make or purchase from Lee at Held Motor Sports what is called a strut offset. In addition to the configuration mentioned, I moved my strut inboard 2 inches to gain the necessary rim to shock clearance. If you need tougher suspension you may want to look at using an Olds Ciera (89) upright mated with the front hubs from an S-10 4X4 pickup (86-89) for a larger and stronger hub assembly. The big Corvette brakes can fir this hub with the Camero or Firebird rear brake caliper (parking brake included).

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.