Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any Daytona Replica folks on this board

First time I have seen a Daytona Coupe kit. What is the donor for glass?

Not really a kit, it is a 1 of 1, Mike Hudson daytona. He build 8 spiders and was doing this one coupe when the owner/partner died. The Spiders are very nice and look good althought some of the bodys have some problems due to molds being pulled from a crashed and not straigtened so well car. But they are dimensionally true, not like others.

The Glass is Ferrari daytona all Around except for the windshield (tr7) and the vent windows. I will likely do the rear glass in plexi. The glass, lights, lenses, door handles are the most expensive parts to finsh one of these things.

I have seen the yellow plastic side lights pop up from time to time on Ebay and Craigslist. I’m sure if you keep an eye out some will show up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Coupe View Post
    Not really a kit, it is a 1 of 1, Mike Hudson daytona. He build 8 spiders and was doing this one coupe when the owner/partner died. The Spiders are very nice and look good althought some of the bodys have some problems due to molds being pulled from a crashed and not straigtened so well car. But they are dimensionally true, not like others.

The Glass is Ferrari daytona all Around except for the windshield (tr7) and the vent windows. I will likely do the rear glass in plexi. The glass, lights, lenses, door handles are the most expensive parts to finsh one of these things.
    Hi, lovely car

if you are struggling with the windscreen you might want to contact Pilkington uk in Kent, they will be able to make the tr7 screen, they sorted my countach screen

Please tell, where did you get that kit? Is it an old body. I know EG Autokraft built coupés.

Not really a kit, a 1 of one, purchased it in 2005 from the infamous Mike Hudson AKA Mad Mike, he also build 8 spider replicas using tr7 doors and windshields. floyd Harper has the daytona coupe molds now. he will sell you one.

Floyd I Harper III .......rvdf3@yahoo.com

I owned one of the eight "Mike Hudson" Daytona spyders. Bought the car from Blaine Kelley who had a great website about Daytona replicas. Mike pulled molds off a damaged Daytona. The TR7 tub mated to the C3 chassis was a cobbled nightmare. After spending thousands on a cosmetic rebuild to correct the body flaws (rear clip), it ended up a pretty cool car. Sold it some years back. Now looking for another Daytona Spyder replica. Ad in the Mall. Any info appreciated.
    Last edited by mono; 01-13-2015 at 10:05 PM.
    &#039;71 365 GTB/4 &quot;Daytona Spyder&quot; (Mike Hudson Conversion)<br />Dino 246gt rebody, V8Archie chop top #3 on &#039;85 SE Fiero, V6, 4 spd

Quote Originally Posted by mono View Post
    I owned one of the eight "Mike Hudson" Daytona spyders. Bought the car from Blaine Kelley who had a great website about Daytona replicas. Mike pulled molds off a damaged Daytona. The TR7 tub mated to the C3 chassis was a cobbled nightmare. After spending thousands on a cosmetic rebuild to correct the body flaws (rear clip), it ended up a pretty cool car. Sold it some years back. Now looking for another Daytona Spyder replica. Ad in the Mall. Any info appreciated.
    The Black Daytona replica, owned by Captain Jay Ball was for sale a while back, I think it was on cars on line, or auto trader classic, it looked to be done really well.

A guy I know floyd harper now has the PLJ Molds with the droopy tail and produced a few coupes, he has the cambiano sitting in his yard for sale at a ?cheap price, He is in south or north carolina, where are you?

what ever happen to the corvette donor kit ?
    2003 InfinitI G35 Coupe with Brembo Brake and Suspension Package + Vortech Supercharger
    1987 Fiero GT with Turbo Charged 4.3 V6 + Syclone Intake and Management

Mad Mike Hudson Daytona Spyder for sale .

Quote Originally Posted by mono View Post
    I got a black beauty of a Daytona if you're interested .