Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: more power out of the stock engine?

more power out of the stock engine?

hey guys hows it going i was wondering if their was any cheep and effecant ways to get more power out of my engine i got a stock 84 feiro se i am 17 years old and i am not to experanced with cars yet so i would really appreiate it if you guys could tell me a couple of cheep things to change or ways to get more power thanks
    this site really helps me

Re: more power out of the stock engine?

For starters: Replace the gas tank with a standard NOS tank!!!

just kidding...

Know is the engine out of the car?

you could always clean/modify the intake pipe for better airflow...but for major gains: port the engine head, change the camshaft to a performance camshaft, performance pistons/rods/crank, maybe even supercharge it.,,

but be sure to get some experienced help...

Now these are unchartered territory and i am not resposible for performance gains....
    maybe upgrade your computer with a performance chip (like $30 on ebay)
    electric supercharger (like $150.00 on ebay)????never used one

a thanks man ;D ima do that well clean the manifold and port it my freind nick knows how to do that thanks

>>>electric supercharger (like $150.00 on ebay)?never used one<<<

My dad and I spent a lot of years in the guided missile business, and he later left for Engineering Sales. He had contacted Paxton and also had a company that did very high HP DC electric motors using rare earth magnets, for aerospace applications. I'm talking 100 HP out of a motor the size of a tennis ball can. He was looking into creating a high HP electric supercharger, but didn't have the time to follow it. Someone is going to put one of these together and sell crap loads of them, and I'm talking about a high pressure air pump, and not just an air fan. The motors are out there, and so is the battery technology......it's just a matter of someone doing it.

the ones on ebay are crap. you might as well use a leafblower :P you wont get more then 3000 cfm, and that really wont change much.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

so what would be the best electric supper charger to put in while running a tight buget so the best bang for its buck? alright thanks

the best electric s.c. will get you maybe 8 to 10hp extra, but it will drain your battery and you will only get that "kick" in power at very low RPM. more rpm means engine takes in more air and spins faster, and the electric blower cant keep up. at high end revs, it will rob you of a lot of power. thats the real thing about turbos and s.c. vs other means of charging
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

o well hell i dont want that lol my car already gets up from low speeds i want top speed over low end lol so i gotta qustion what dose porting the engine do and what parts are you supost 2 port aint it the intake manifold? ;D

I have terrible news for you, if you are sporting an 84 fiero, then I am sure you have the 2.5 Iron Duke 92 horsepower boat anchor motor... there really is no way of making this a powerful motor... the most you could really hope to achieve without the motor comming apart is about 120 hp.... It was never designed to handle any kind of real horsepower... the best tung you can do for a horsepower upgrade is find a V6 motor with the entire wiring harness intact. you can find these on EBay for just a few hundred dollars, and could probably find one on this message board for realyl cheap, since a lot of people here have pulled the V6 fiero motor out to upgrade to a much more powerful engine.. the V6 weighs in at 140 HP has a much broader powerband, and can be modified to handle a lot more HP... I do know a gentleman that is selling his 84 fiero race car for really cheap, and it has a Quad 4 HO with a turbo and intercooler... it is suppose to be at around 310 HP plus it comes with a spare motor... now that would propel you around town and a good clip

his name and number is Will White 435-245-9817

Stuart

well damn this sucks i aint got much cash about 100 bucks in my name to put into my car right about now i dont think i can afford a new engine and finding out that the 4 banger engine that i got cant with stand alot of power kinda sucks lol well i gotta get me a job man this sucks finding out my engine can only get about 120 horse damn well what about smog if i change the engine over to a 6 cylinder????? ??? ??? ??? will it still pass smog or am i screwed on the smog thing??? ??? ??? well looks like i gotta get a job and start saving up cuz ive been driving my car around and its not to fun going slow :-\ :-\ well thanks for the help