Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VDO gauges

VDO gauges

I ready to buy my VDO gauges but I don't know anything about what I need. I like the look of the cockpit international gauge set, as it looks european. I'm not sure what part numbers I need, oil pressure (which one), or anything about sending units. Any info would be helpful.

TIA,
    Ron

Re: VDO gauges

Here is the site and a list of what you will need:

http://www.egauges.com/vdo_grou.asp?Series=Cockpit

A clean installation for every application. VDO Instrument Kits include the gauges and senders you need for an easy installation. Kits include either mechanical speedometer or LCD programmable speedometer with sender (Hall Effect, 16 pulse, 7/8-18 thread), electrical 80 PSI engine pressure gauge with 1/8-27 NPT thread sender, electrical 250 degree Fahrenheit engine temperature gauge with 1/2-14NPT thread sender, fuel gauge with 6 inch to 23 inch tank depth sender, and voltmeter. All gauges except speedometer are 2 1/16 inches in diameter. Kits are not appropriate for VW applications because of US thread senders.
    All Cockpit Black Series Gauges feature Traditional (side lit) lighting unless otherwise indicated in the "Notes" for that part.

Please contact us with your questions about parts on this page: Email: question@egauges.com
    Phone: 1-800-303-6211 (313-533-0711 outside the U.S.)
    Hours: Monday-Friday: 9am-5pm ET / Saturday: 9am-3pm ET.

120 MPH 3 3/8" List price$485.00, Their selling price, $276.45

Part No: 600-924 Notes: with 3 3/8" LCD Programmable Speedometer and 2 1/16" diameter gauges. Panel not included, Black face like on Ferrari, gauge says VDO not Ferrari Horse. They will exchange the 120MPH Speedometer with one that says a higher MPH if you wish. The Clock and Tach will need to be added to the kit to have the complete set of gauges. Those two items are Part No: 333-055 Notes: 12V, 4-6-8 cylinder, ignition hook-up w/ shift point indicator. part. 7,000 RPM 3 3/8" List Price, $126.50, Selling Price $94.88 These clocks come with Quartz movements and seconds hands. 2 1/16" Selling Price, $51.00 Part No: 370-951 Notes: Quartz movement, with sweep second hand.

So you need the Following:

Cockpit Series, Black Face Part 600-924, $276.45
    Cockpit Series, Black Face Part 333-055, 94.88
    Cockpit Series, Black Face Part 370-951, 51.00

Total $422.33 plus $15.00 Shipping

Regards,

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Thanks Dave for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by sactodreamer
    I ready to buy my VDO gauges but I don't know anything about what I need.* I like the look of the cockpit international gauge set, as it looks european.* I'm not sure what part numbers I need, oil pressure (which one), or anything about sending units.* Any info would be helpful.

TIA,
    Ron
    Ron, I have a complete set for sale they are not VDO but are white with white needle, 200MPH Speedo too. They are in the mall section and will save ya some money unless you want the VDO just thought I would let ya know.

Sacto are you kidding? Youre buying VDO?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure, that's the way I'm headed. For around $450 it's the cheapest way to go. My interior will be pretty close to real, but anyone who knows what real 355 gauges look like will know it's a replica due to the big huge center console the real car doesn't have.

I'd be more interested in F355spyder's gauges but they have chrome rings around them.

its not necearilly to fool anyone, its to put in more correct gauges. 10K tack, 200mph speedo, Veglia Borletti text, white hands, black face horse. when someone looks in your car, at least theyll have to look twice

Yeah but for over twice the money, they can look once. :-\

In my opinion; I really think the person looking over your kit will have a tough time knowing if it is the real deal from the horse being missing on two of the gauges.

If the body is on the money as well as OEM style wheels and lighting. It would be easy to think it is the real 355 at first glance, a replica builder will know and most people who have real 355 will be confused. Most of them can't tell a real from a replica anyway, especially if the replica blows the doors off of the real 355.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

long time no talk dave...hows your car coming...The F*cking GA weather has my SH*T literally on ice. Looks like spring for me. exploring my options now.