Thread: 355 Side Marker Lights

355 Side Marker Lights

Hey,
    I am getting ready to hook up austins side marker lights and was wondering if anyone has found what to use as a pigtail to the factory Ferrari side marker lights. I want to keep the connection just in case we have to remove the bumper at any time you are able to disconnect the lights. Thanks -Eddie T. "Fast Eddie"

Re: 355 Side Marker Lights

I cut my pigtails off and wired them in directly.

If you want to remove the bumper, etc, then just turn the bulb socket a quarter turn and the bulb with socket and pigtail will come out.

I couldn't find a connector that fit, but that doesn't mean someone won't.

Quote Originally Posted by dcox
    I cut my pigtails off and wired them in directly.

If you want to remove the bumper, etc, then just turn the bulb socket a quarter turn and the bulb with socket and pigtail will come out.

I couldn't find a connector that fit, but that doesn't mean someone won't.
    I did the same

I took the old Fiero side marker lights,and use a bench grinder to shape the plastic piece that the pig tail plugs into (basically I cut the 2 ends off leaveing about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch on both sides of the round plastic connector,the grinder was used to smooth the bottom flat).Once I had that piece the way I wanted, then I epoxied it onto the new side marker lights (some cutting required).It then can be disconnected like every one says.My digital camera is so cheep....I might take one off and take a pick so you know what I mean.

Update...heres a pic so you can see what I mean, the black piece (Fiero Connector, is the black piece) is epoxied to the crome piece (Chrome piece came with the kit,but I didnt want to cut and rewire the side marker lights ,the bulbs that came with the kit looked cheep too,compared to the stock bulbs) (a bench grinder or bench sand works great for shapeing plastic).This technique can also be used on the fog or driveing lights.2 mini screws hold the crome piece to the fiber glass body,2 more mini screws hold the orange cover on.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!