Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lowering an AD355

Lowering an AD355

I was looking at my car and i saw it could be lowered, But i already scrape and it would be too much of a incovience to have to watch where i go because my car will be a daily driver. So i was wondering what are you guys doing? Just lowering it and letting the front scrape? Thx Austin

Re: Lowering an AD355

Another illusion to making a car appear lower is to mount taller tires. The bigger wheel and tire combos fill up the wheel wells making it appear it is slammed and the taller diameter tire gives you more ground clearance.

I know you got a great deal on your tires/wheels so that is probably not an option for you huh?
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

Another option could be an AIR RIDE suspension system. I installed air ride in my cobra and I can put 100PSI in the airbags to drive at a safe ground clearance but when I get to where I am going, I take it to zero-PSI and the rocker panels and front lower control arms rest on the ground!! Cant get any lower than that!

Plus it is the best security system I have too. I leave the keys in the ignition of my $55,000 cobra beacause you cant drive it away like that, or even tow it for that matter!!

Interesting you would bring this topic up, I was just thinking about that myself, I need the front lower!!

How much did that cost you? i was looking into air ride before. I was just wondering if there was another way. -Thx Austin

Yea mine is about the same size gap as yours Sacto. Austin

I got my complete air ride system on eBay for $1000 but new they are about $2000 for.....
    4 air bags
    4 control switches
    2 psi gauges
    150PSI air compressor
    5 gallon air tank
    about 1 mile of 3/8" air hose and fittings
    and everything else needed to install it in your specific application.

They have all the same airbags for a lot of applications but the mounting kits are specific to make and model and fit like a glove. I can post pics later when I am at home.

I cut my springs and it was free because they were already there and the car sits good and rides good I personally cannot tell a difference in the ride. This is how much I cut from them and how the car sits. I do have to be careful because the front scraps now but I plan to make skid plates that will cup the bottom of the bumper where the round part is on each side.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Intrax springs are really nice. The springs are about $250.00-$400.00 it depends on were you buy them and how soon you the springs to arrive. Intrax springs will lower your car 2". When you install the springs it is a good recomendation that you also install new shocks. As for the scraping you will have to drive the car at an angle when ever going over speed bumps and or driveways. I hope this Helps.

F355spider, thanks for the picture of your cut springs! ;D I am cutting my fiero ones first and see if i like it or not.