Thread: Anyone from Colorado? Weston, CO ?? - Need Fiero and V8?

Anyone from Colorado? Weston, CO ?? - Need Fiero and V8?

Hi There.

This may be a longshot but is there anyone on the board in the area of Weston, CO ? I'm looking at a kit but I only want the body panels and interior peices. There is an 85 Fiero (Automatic) - not running and a 40,000 mile 305 V8 Crated palleted and wrapped which I don't need / want. SInce he won't break up the kit, does someone want or need (FREE) the fiero and Engine if I buy.

I'm in PA so I'm trying to find someone that can check out the car and engine to see if it meets your needs and help me box up and ship the body panels (I of course would pay for the shipping). I'd also (of course) speak to you on the phone to discuss things. I'd really only want to trust someone from this board for something like this.

Longshot but who knows.
    Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

Re: Anyone from Colorado? Weston, CO ?? - Need Fiero and V8?

I'm in SLC Utah what part of Colorado is it?

David
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

You can always try the guys at Pennock's. www.fiero.nl I'm sure someone would give it a good home. I was just on Ebay and saw the kit you were refering to (and your question). I thought I had seen that location before. The guy was selling that kit with a truck and trailer a couple of weeks ago. Looks like he split them up. Anyway, if Mike D was still around, I'd say go with his kit over that. At least you know what you were getting. I don't like the idea that the 305 (305??) is from a reputable shop in Indy with 40K on it. Why a used 305 when a 350 would work. It sounds like an old truck engine. Plus, no where does he mention the installation kit for the motor. I know it doesn't have anything to do with the body, but it does bring up questions of character. Also, I don't think the "better" kits use the stock roof. Either this one does, or it does not have a hood. (The stock roofline is too high). If your set on it, try Pennock's, see if someone can help you out. Otherwise, wait for Mike to get his business in order. He should be able to fix you up.

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Hi,

I agree with you.* I've spoken to the guy.* He's a little foggy on everything.* He wont sell the kit alone.* The 305 (he says) is from a 97 van.* - Yet.... it has a carb and most engines of that era 1993-up) are throttle body injection* in the vans and trucks.

The kit also dos'nt have the fuel door on the drivers side (which is why I wanted it. ).* He sent me the measurements and I frimly beleive it's an old kit for a Firebird / T/A or Custom Frame. (Too long to type but from my conversations, he has no idea that the kit is'nt for a fiero. There is a slim chance but I doubt it.* (Some buyer is going to be in for a shock to say the least).

He's e-mailed me several times.* I saw the auction before with the truck and trailer. (by the way, the guy who bought the truck and trailer gave him a bad check so he had to go out this weekend with the Sheriff to repo the car.- Or so he says..)

I have no interest in the 305 or the Automatic 4cyl fiero he has.* The kit is similar / identical to one I had for Firebird / Ta 82-92* They are very thick and have some bolt on mounting points. The also have the fuel door on the passenger side. (Which is really the only "dead giveaway" that it's a kit. The real testarossa has the fuel door on the drivers side.

I did speak to a guy who would haul everything for me but the more I thought about it, I really don't want a 305 that's for sure.* *The body would be a great start for a custom frame setup since the measurements are close to a Testarossa.

I told him that if he changes his mind, I'll "grab the kit" but he can keep the "so-called 97' 305 and car.*
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

Mike D has a nice looking 512 like I mentioned, it's not exact, but pretty darn close. I was ready to write him a check when his situation must have gone from bad to really bad. I haven't heard from him since. Right now I'm not out anything but a friend. Keep looking, your bound to find something you like, and feel more comfortable with.

Bob

Hi,

I can't remember,* Is that 512 the yellow one with the engine removed?* I've looked at so many different kits in the last few months, I'm in a fog.* Some are nice and some are really "mangled". That Yellow one loks to be pretty nice.

If I go 355, It's gotta be another V8 conversion. The TR kit I had really had some "decent* measurements"* - Not perfect but nice.* I mean, how may 512TR bodies do you see running around that people could compare it to? I'm in Bucks County PA and I see a 355 almost every few days it seems. ( I think that's when I "lean away" from a 355 kit)

My TR* was the 82-92 Firebird/camaro based kit

I saw one at a show that was the 512TR built on an 86 Corvette.* This would be the ideal car for what I'm looking to do.* I should have picked it up then.* Great lines, Very wide in the back.* With the Vette suspension (state of the art at the time) and engine upgrades for the TPI, even now, I'd pick one up.* Good luck finding one I guess.

I think you or someone else posted one TR kit built on a 84 Firebird but I did'nt get any calls back from the guy.* I spoke to one other guy with the same kit.* I'll travel or ship th right car.

I'm in no rush.* I never jump unless it's pretty much what I'm looking for.* Color, interior etc are minimal issues.* If I can find a good base, I'll be set.*

Mike had a rudimentary webpage with some details of his panels: http://www.geocities.com/jerydoin6/photopagespiral.html
    I was going to buy the panels from that red car just before Mike went missing.
    I also have some bookmarks from different topics he posted here on them:
    Which I see no longer work since the new forum was brought up. Do a search for Hamann/MikeD/or 512M to see some of his build.

Personally, I wouldn't do a F-body or y-body version just because the motor is on the wrong end. I've had F-body's since I was 18, so I'm pretty worn out on them. That's why I went with a Fiero. You can do just about anything with it, it's mid-engined, and has all independent suspension on all 4 corners. It's not the greatest platform in stock form, but has lots of potential.

Bob