Thread: newbie interested in a lambo

newbie interested in a lambo

I am new to this kit car scene.i am very mechanically inclined and used to work in a body shop.I am really interested in trying to build a diablo kit from the fibreglass workshop.how hard is the total process? I have a shop to do the work in complete with welders air tools etc. is there any welding or serious body work to building this kit? thanks in advane guys, mike

Re: newbie interested in a lambo

all diablo kits that i know of aside from the mirage X will require a stretch, around 7" all the way up to 12" depending on the kit. diablo kits will also require heavy modification to the fiero frame and are usually a 1 year project to get it rolling out. you will need to bond metal mounting pieces to the inside of the fiberglass panels in order to mount them to the fiero, and depending on how much info you get, this can get nasty.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

what would be a good kit to start with for a first time builder?

AC Cobra. I did the Countach for my first, and I'm not done yet.I think the Lamborghini cars are the harder ones to do. I don't like the Cobra's as well as the Countach. ( Cannon Ball Run ) I've loved that car since I was about 15 years old.

2nd in line are non-stretch ferrari kits. 355s are fairly simple if you dont go nuts with original OEM stuff, which is when you need adapters, lots of money, and loads of time.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

The best thing would be to build a non stretch AD 355 kit or if you want to stretch it out some a MIKE-D TR TURBO with no side grills to save time. GOOD LUCK on what ever you build 8)
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

The lambo's are a hard first kit and there is no such thing as an easy kit. Some are just less difficult. For a first time builder, I would recommend a Porsche Speedster, Factory Five Cobra or the AD non-stretch 355. The most important thing you can do now, is get to know the industry. Goto kit car shows and join a club. A little homework here will save you lost of money and time.