Thread: 4T60 Trans Swap and 5 -speed Question.

4T60 Trans Swap and 5 -speed Question.

Instead of starting 2 threads....

I've done a few searches on the board and the internet.* Am I correct on this?

The 4T60 is the 4-speed auto - Non Electronic Version.

Is anyone aware of sources for aftermarket rebuild kits, performance parts, shift kits etc for these?.* It sounds like a V8 swap would be a bit better with one of these than compared to the TH125-C that I used before.* Although I did'nt have any problems with the 125, the times have changed just a bit and why not use something better / newer and more advanced right...

And....

Has anyone done a Auto to Manual conversion?* It's Usually something that I would not even consider but on a platform like a fiero, It seems to be workable. With some donor fieros out there and their inexpensive prices, There are certainly ample parts floating around out there. (as opposed to buying part by part, by part....)

Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

Re: 4T60 Trans Swap and 5 -speed Question.

About all I can add to this thread is that there is info on the 4T60 conversion at http://home.comcast.net/~fierocave/ if you haven't found that already.
    Converting from manual to auto is much simpler but auto to manual is certainly doable. When I had a Dodge Stealth I had looked into converting to manual and lots of people had already done on those. Everything is easier on Fieros.

Rick Lord<br />http://www.kingdomcustoms.com<br />http://www.desertlord.com/galleries/.../signature.jpg

Hi all,

If you have'nt found it already, check out www.fiero.nl There is a HUGE forum with tons of great and knowledgeable people who could direct any question you have, also there are literally tons of posts to search on virtually any subject relating to fieros..........
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

I actually belong to that forum and it does have a lot of info.

Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

I just converted my Auto car to five speed it was not to difficult but I had a complete donor car. to me that is the only way I would do it.

F355,

That's exactly what I would do. I don't like running for part after part after part, etc. GM did too many "little goofy changes" on some of there cars so from experience, I feel grabbing a Manual Donor would be the best way.

Other than the last kit, I'm pretty much a Big Block V8 4-speed guy. (Other than the Grand Nationals).

How long did it take you (estimate) and were there any issues that you ran across. (Mounting pedals, cables shifter, etc??. Did you do the 5-speed or the 4?

ANy info would be a big help. I'm looking to do a V8 swap and the auto really won't cut it for me.

Thanks,