Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fiero headlight motors

Fiero headlight motors

Which is the best year to use...are there ones better than others?
    A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

Re: Fiero headlight motors

So I guess all the years are the same..none better than others!

i do not think so. I think they r all the same

Just saw this thread,,,,,,,,I am using the 88 motors. Mine do not have the relays attached and regulate themselves as far as when to stop. I'm sure others are more knowledgeable about this one. Don't forget,,,,,,,these things have nylon gears in them that will turn to dust after 15 years,,,,, Rodney Dickman has replacement gears for these motors and that is usually the reason they stop working. 8)
    Attached Images Attached Images    

another pic,,,,,damned limits!! 8)
    Attached Images Attached Images    

nice clearpics Larry ,you must have a good camera ? on a different note ,I had a customer come to me last year with a lambo ,overheating problem ,his rad was ,mounted the same way yours seems to be ,there just wasn't any air getting thru the rad when his was mounted like that, it looks parrallel to the way the air will flow if you were to look at the car from the side ,I reversed his rad ,made the front of the rad higher and dropped the rear of it back towards the cross-member ,temps dropped quite a bit with that change with the rad at more of a right angle to air flow ,...I am not telling you to change it just a note if you have over-heating problems ...john

thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by LarryBud
    these things have nylon gears in them that will turn to dust after 15 years,,,,, Rodney Dickman has replacement gears for these motors and that is usually the reason they stop working.* 8)
    Hey, glad I checked this out, I was getting ready to order a whole new motor... Can you answer a question? One of my headlights makes and awful clicking sound and kind of shudders/jerks its way open. Also, after I turn the lights off, the motor runs for a few seconds after the lid shuts--a kind of whining sound. Does it sound like it could be the gears that are the problem? I'd love to get off just changing a few gears.

Just a note on the radiator. I have the same setup, and had the the overheating problems. But I also know heating water creates steam and that steam needs a place to escape. As steam rises that has to be at the highest point of the hot water system. In mine the radiator was lower then the motor, and as the radiator cap is the relief valve the steam could not escape. I added an overflow tank, one of the old ones that had the radiator cap on them. Placed it back in the engine compartment just above the motor, and it seems to have fixed the problem. Looks ugly but I can work on that. But we hit 80 last week and she didn't over heat, compared to over heating at freezing and below. But the angle change, would certianly make it cooler, however wasn't it lotis that did that back in the 60s, and had a lot of problems with the radiator geting dammaged by road debris?
    Alien Car Show