Thread: HP Wheels

HP Wheels

Hello All

Just wondering if anyone using HP wheels on their 355 replica had rubbing on the front when the wheels were turned. It seemed fine at first but now that I've lowered the suspension to where it should be I'm getting rubbing when turning. I'm using an 18 inch rim with a 235 tire. I wonder if I go to a 225 size if that would help. Any suggestions.

Thanks
    Paul

Re: HP Wheels

I have that problem with my wheels also. I've found out a widetrack front is a must not an option. I have 3" spacers on the front right now. My HP wheels have 225/40/18s on the fronts.I can only turn the steering wheel 3/4 turn before the tires hit the front bumper. I'll be installing the widetrack before the car is complete.

I'm beginning to feel better. I think. I have a wide track with a 3" increase on each side on order as well. Will this solve the problem? At present I just cut the springs down to see how it would look lowered and to see if I needed lowereing spindles or not. It looks like I need to go with 2" lowering spindles. I am also using 3" spacers, again just to set up the "look". When I get the look I want, I have very little turning radius. Do you think 225 size tires will help. I also get about 3/4 before rubbing the front or rear wheel well. Depending which way I'm turning. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Paul

Which widetrack did you go with?? It should solve the problem. Which body kit do you have? I too am going to cut the springs to get it down where it needs to be for now but will never drive it that way. I'm not sure if the tire size will make any difference, don't think so.

I'm going with Held. It's the only one I know of. Lee seems to have many out there and seems simple enough to install. I also want to do a 2" drop. I think that will give me more options with the coil overs. I'm not sure which kit I have. I bought it in progress but it's beginning to look pretty decent. I think I'll wait to try the new suspension before I change the tires. Anything you can add would be great.

Thanks
    Paul