Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chrysler 300M TRANSMISSION ON A SUPERCHARGED 3800

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

Chrysler 300M TRANSMISSION ON A SUPERCHARGED 3800

who could make a adapter plate to mate this engine an transmission together , this way the engine will sit in like a 360 ,Jdinner i sent you a email about this ,but i got no reply an i see your project is looking great , i like the trans. but want a GM engine 8)

http://www.lhforums.net/forums/showt...ission-Rebuild
    Last edited by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER; 09-24-2014 at 03:06 PM.
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Re: Chrysler 300M TRANSMISSION ON A SUPERCHARGED 3800

Sorry, I did not get an email about this set up. I have often thought about that setup everytime I work on 'car carrier' loaded with Intrepids. If you would like an automatic transmission it could be worth the effort. Make custom machine shops could pull this adapter plate off.

I will buy a trans. next month an see if this would work ,a company in FL. is using the engine an trans.in a formula 1 style kitcar an there is a automotive company that wire all of them up ,they said it has one mount at the rear , i,m looking into reasonable price solutions that look good an work well
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

What would be wrong with a performance upgrade on the Chrysler engine? Save the money in making adapter plates and flywheels and go for a turbo or camshafts.

Dave Held is building an engine cradle to do this conversion. It is designed to fit in a +3 wheelbase 355. It is a pretty easy and inexpensive way to put a complete Chrysler drive train into a 355 replica. Here is one he is installing in a customer's GT 40 replica
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER If you are looking for inexoensive you might try the Renault that was in the 87-89 eagles medallinn. I just fourn one on the net for $200. It is a 5 sp though.

mike

Thanks guys for helping with this info. its great to share info.,i will look into the 3.5 engine on this trans. an check out the eagle also ;D 8)

I just got my transaxle in, a 300m model ,an i asked KENNEDY engine adapters to make me a adapter plate to put the all aluminum ENVOY 4.2 liter inline 6 cyl. 270HP ON THIS TRANSAXLE ( I LIKE GM ENGINES ) before you ask, look at them i think this will be great in my 360M , I DO NOT HAVE THE ENGINE YET ! (JUST A PICTURE ) AN I HOPE THEY WILL MATE UP

just got the spec,s on the engine , from a salvage yard the engine is about 31" long from front pulleys to flexplate so that my turn out to be 30" with the flexplate going inside some. ;D

the transaxle is being used in this indy cycle car , look at picture no. 7, they also have a shop in FL. that do the transmission wiring* *;D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Repli...QQcmdZViewItem