Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lambo Defroster Vents ?

Lambo Defroster Vents ?

What is everyone using for those three defroster vents on the dash? I need black ones with the louvers.

kitcarnut

Re: Lambo Defroster Vents ?

On 25th they are rectangular and you can get them from Lambo dealer like $7 a piece. on 5000 and so ,they come round. you can use out of Chev.Safari rear ac vent in headliner.

8) Yet another example of the value of this site ARI! Somehow the fact of the rectangle defroster vents went over my head. I thought I needed the round ones at $35 each. http://www.kitcar.com/CR/home.html
    I am in St. Louis, anyone know the nearest Lambo dealer? If I can get them for anywhere near $7 each,,,,,,I need them! ;D

kitcarnut

Larry I'm going to Lamborghini dealer in Toronto on 2nd and I'm picking my vents , like I said around $7 Can . I also bought the rear bumper lic.plate lights $42Can.each. not bad. I'll let you know end of the week how much I paid inc.tax.

;D You Da Man! ;D Let me know what you think of them and if we can hook up. Do you use PayPal?

I want my degroster vents to be functional...and hooking up the rectangular vents will take more fabrication.... what year safari ? I do know that chevy suburban has these types of vents...but have only found them in tan or grey.
    Thanks for the feedback

kitcarnut

I think it was mid 90 Astrovan and they are black.but lot of minivans with dual ac have it. I saw same kind in Windstar(beige) but let me ask you, how are you going to hook up the round ones? you still have to fabricate something to connect it right? if you need I'll take pictures of it and post them.

A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

The easiest way is to fabricate a small box out of fiberglass and mount it to the backside of the vent. I have heard that some people have used pvc couplers(elbows) and glassed them in. The dealer said that the safari vents were $25...that is as much as buying replica vents from ifg or north american exotic replicars. The suburban ones were $10 but would need to be dyed or sprayed to get the black look.

kitcarnut

Go to auto wreckers. yes, fab fiberglass box and cut out the holes . I'll post pics of it later.