Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: koenigsegg door hinges?

koenigsegg door hinges?

Anyone know where to get a pair and how much Iím looking at?
    Or better yet if anyone could make me some that would be great.
    Also come to think of it, if anyone has any drawings or diagrams on
    the hinges and the different parts of the hinge or how it works please post it.
    Thank you.

Re: koenigsegg door hinges?

??? Pardon my question, but....... what is a koenigsegg?
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

It is a beautiful swedish supercar. Here is a link to it. http://www.koenigsegg.com/ Jack999 are you building one?

Kermit,
    sorry I wish I was building one There are a few people I no who are very interested
    in a koenigsegg door conversion for there cars me included so I'm trying to put together some sort of
    package for them. Thanks for the link, I e-mailed the guy and hopefully I'll get a response soon.

There is a guy on Pennock's Forum that has a chopped top 88 GT with the hinges you are seeking. He was also at Daytona in March. I can't recall his name but do a search for a NorthStar powered Fiero and you will fine him. I think he is from the San Francisco Bay area. Nice guy and he will be more helpful the me.

Regards,

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

you most likely wont find something identical, but when you think about that fact that the real hinges cost about $15 000, you should be happy with what you have access to. scissor doors are great on their own.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

It is a hinge kit that is for a GM S-10 Truck. It will fit on a Fiero to make the doors flip up like a Lambo. They sell in the neighborhood of $300 a pair. I saw them and in my opinion. if you're going to make your doors flip up, this would be a good start.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Thanks for the help guys, I also have seen the many lambo kits available for many vehicles and there becoming a bit to popular. I have even seen suicide lambo doors lol anyway, me and the guys are looking for something more original. If the koenigsegg original hinges are 15 grand then forget that lol Iíll get some made. In my mined they wouldn't be that hard to make. You just need to combine like 7 hinges together and make them work all in one motion. Something like the lambo kits out there for imports and domestics, the hinges swing out and up. A two step process. The koenigsegg hinges would be 6 or 7 hinges all combined into one movement something like the lambo hinges but way more advanced. Now just need someone to make a design and build. ;D

if you have a few hundred $$, find someone who has a 5 axis CNC mill to mill out a spiral groove in 2 billet aluminum cylinders, and then put ball bearings in the grooves. it will last for a long tiem and work flawlessly.

i'll make you a 3d diagram tomorrow
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com