Thread: Where to buy 355 replica rims?

Where to buy 355 replica rims?

Hey everyone. Need some help....Any great sites to visit for 355 rep. rims? Also, what size do you recommend? 16, 17, 18 or a combo of two?

Re: Where to buy 355 replica rims?

To the best of my knowledge there are no exact replica rims for a 355. If you run a couple of searches you will find that there two schools of thought here. The first is the thought that there is no subsidtion for the originals like the originals. This thinking cost the most, but in the end you are getting a high quality and "correct" looking rims. The second order of though is "F" that if I am going to spend three plus grand on just wheels that do not bolt up to the Fiiero. Now comes the fun part. Do you want rims that look original or not and what size? For the look of the car 17" or 18" rims look a lot better than 16". There are some ROH rims that look close, but only go up to 17". I prefer 18" rims on this car. I went with the HP Racing HP24s for they cheep...I mean affordable and look some what like the original.

The best thing to do now is to spend 1/2 an hour in the search in this forum and see the pictures of what people are using.

Hi Guys

I also went with the HP24's. I drillied the center hole out to the diameter of the actual Ferrari wheel center cap and glued it in. The wheel looks great. They come in different widths as well. You can get 9" for the front and 10" for the back and even a wider footprint tire if you desire. The advantage is they have the same bolt pattern as the Fiero and adaptors won't be necessary which gives you a better turning radius without hitting the wheel well. I believe Funnywheels has posted some pictures somewhere. They were the same pictures that convinced me.

Regards
    Paul

I can only find the HP24s in 18x8 and 18x9. Where or how did you find the 18x10?

Your right

I went with 4 - 18 x 9 and used narrower tires on the front and wider on the back. I'll try to get some pictures up.

Paul

Where did you buy your rims? The best deal I have found is though gotwheelsandtires.com

four HP24 5x100 18x8 rims $688 shipped
    four HP24 5x100 18x9 rims $699 shipped

That's where I bought mine. I think I paid $1.045 US for rims and tires 5 x 100 - 18 x 9. Then being in Canada I was hit with additional shipping and duty. I think about another $250 cdn. Still about $1,000 cheaper than I could find in Canada.

Paul