Thread: toronado transmission axle "A" arm etc etc question???

toronado transmission axle "A" arm etc etc question???

hey gues im in some desprate need of help.. so im at the point now where im gonna make the engine mounts in the back of the tube chassis, the only thing is i dont know where to begin, i have and 81 buick riviera transaxle.. now what and how do i need to do to figure out where my control arms etc etc are gonna be, what type of axles do i need??? any information would be great. and sugestions would also be greatly appreciated...
    is their some kind of complete rear assembly that i can just weld on to my frame that includes control arms, brakes etc?? i dont need the suspension cause i have air bags...???
    http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/14115334210.jpg&s=x4

Re: toronado transmission axle "A" arm etc etc question???

Mike..
    Have you established your final wheelbase? If not you need to do this in order to know where to start.
    If you gone as far and fabbing a tube chassis on the rear go ahead and finish with the tube build rather than trying to make another setup fit. it'll be less work in the end to fab it new. before setting your drivetrain set your wheelbase and width.
    this will give you a starting point to fab the control arms. it may be easy enough to use C4 rear control arms and use your bags right off of there. this setup will not take up too much space and be very adjustable. after your control arms are finished you can move onto setting your drive train. basiclly centering it all up and fabbing brackets. keeping the engine as low as possible. remember the 355 rear deck lid is very low. when you set to the engine measure allot of times to be sure you have clearance. I know i didn't cover everything in great detail but think about what you want to use and then I can get into the details of putting it together.. good luck!

David
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

Re: toronado transmission axle "A" arm etc etc question???

[
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD
    is their some kind of complete rear assembly that i can just weld on to my frame that includes control arms, brakes etc?? i dont need the suspension cause i have air bags...???
    This is what I have done for my TH-325-4L tranny from my 1985 buick riviera. I'm sure you could replace my coil over setup with the air shocks from air ride. That is what I plan to do.

http://69.94.88.210/index.php?topic=3649.30
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions