Thread: restoring a 84 fiero ........help please?

restoring a 84 fiero ........help please?

hi i have a 84 fiero and it has been sitting for five years what would be the first steps i take i have already done a tune up on it and drained and put in new gas but it still will not run if i put a ton of gas in the carberater it will fire up and run for a little bit but after that it will die and it is still injecting gas into the carberater and i am not sure if it is starving for gas or if it is just the timing is off or it is set to fire wrong or any thing please respond i would really appressiate it
    this site really helps me

Re: restoring a 84 fiero ........help please?

Get a cheap "$11.99" chilton book on your car and it will give you firing order and timing specks. did you tune up include a new feul filter? disconnect the fuel line coming up from the tank. 5/16" hard line and have someone turn on the key. check if it kicks on to pressure up. if it does great.. if not replace your pump. it is fuel injected so you will not be able to see the gas squirt like a carberated car. at idle it will barley trickle. first check your fuel lines tho this will give you a good place to start.. either way right now its either not getting enough gas or none at all.
    Good Luck.
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

Does 84 carb have the same problem/solution.. "ignition module".
    Visit My KitCarOnLine Blog<br />http://www.kitcaronline.ca and Links Site at http://www.kitcars.ca

It might look like a carb on the engine but it's actually a computer (ecm) controlled fuel injection throttle body.
    Even the longest journey begins with the first step.

alright thanks next time i go out to my grandparents house ill try the timing and the firing order ;D i hope it works :-D because i really like fieros once i get both of my fieros running right i am going to throw a bigger engine in one of them and i was wondering what would be my best choice and would i need to re enforce every thing in it or what? and what about the wiring to the engine will i just need to start from scrach for all the wiring? or is their special wiring kits i can buy to do that? i was thinking of a 350 chevy but!!!! i live in california and we got those damned smog laws haha or a lil honda engine since the 2.5 engine stock pushs 92 horse and a honda engine is pushing about 150 or better ........what is the best way to go????
    this site really helps me

What EEExotic said, plus try www.fiero.nl Pennock's Fiero Forum. If you thought this site helps you, try reading the post's at Pennock's.

Bob
    Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif