Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New To All Of This Just Some Basic Questions

New To All Of This Just Some Basic Questions

I'm new to this whole kit car scene..... I'm looking for a lambo or a ferrari kitcar complete. I'm not good with cars in any way I just saw the look of these things and drooled. I'm interested in leasing one but I don't know if thats a option with these or if they are sold at any dealers in my location. Before I look any further I want to know if the fiero kitcars are durable and long lasting. I hate to invest 50 thousand dollars on a kit car and have it go to crap on me within a year. Also are there any dealers out there that sell/finance/lease these kitcars? If not are there websites where you can finance/lease these cars online? Also if the fiero is not durable/long lasting are there any suggestions to what is durable/long lasting in the sense that it will last like 5-6 years if not beaten on. Hopefully you guys can help me out I turned towards this board for help. Thanks everybody.

Re: New To All Of This Just Some Basic Questions

Welcome to the forum..

You have a PM in your inbox.
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

Thanks for the reply but does anyone else have any other kind of input for me? I'm looking to finance a car like this as long as its durable/long lasting if its built off the mr2 that's great with twin turbo or some other configuration that makes it fast, but speed is not a majority in this instance because a car like this will draw alot of attention and will only get me in trouble if im speeding :P

Not heard of any leasing or financing places myself for the Lambo or Ferrari. I do know that the kit company StreetBeasts out of Florida somewhere will set up a payment plan but they do not have these cars. I think you can also get payment plans from a few of the Cobra manufacturers but I have not heard of any financing for Ferrari or Lambo replicas.

You may be stuck with doing your own financing through your bank.

Fieros are good platforms for these replicas as long as the builder has replaced all the parts that wear out after 20 odd years of life. The Fiero had it's inherent flaws but the car itself is okay and has served as a solid base for replicas for many years. There is also a huge following of Fieros in the world where people have rebuilt and customized the Fiero to all levels. Pennock's forum is a good example of the following. www.fiero.nl

A 20 year old car will require work though no matter what you do. There will always be something that needs fixing or tweaking as it is 20 years old. If you are not handy with a wrench as you suggest, you may want to think about a replica as you are always doing something on them.

My thoughts
    Cheers
    Don

308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Quote Originally Posted by embalmer
    I'm new to this whole kit car scene..... I'm looking for a lambo or a ferrari kitcar complete.* I'm not good with cars in any way I just saw the look of these things and drooled.* I'm interested in leasing one but I don't know if thats a option with these or if they are sold at any dealers in my location.* Before I look any further I want to know if the fiero kitcars are durable and long lasting.* I hate to invest 50 thousand dollars on a kit car and have it go to crap on me within a year.* Also are there any dealers out there that sell/finance/lease these kitcars?* If not are there websites where you can finance/lease these cars online?* Also if the fiero is not durable/long lasting are there any suggestions to what is durable/long lasting in the sense that it will last like 5-6 years if not beaten on.* Hopefully you guys can help me out I turned towards this board for help.* Thanks everybody.
    Welcome to the community

First off, where in the county are you located (fill in the registration page with more info, please)....That way, we can possibly try to help you with more info....

As for spending $50K on a kit car, if you have that kind of cash sitting around buy a REAL EXOTIC (a nice Testarossa or a 348 or a 328 etc or even an early Lambo)....Forget about a kit car if you don't like working on cars and you have the money....A nice kit car can be had for a lot less money - get a nice one around $20K or less....Completely finished...There are several folks on this board that will jump at the oportunity to sell you their completed replicas for a reasonable price....Completely safe and ready for the road....A kit car, any kit car for that money should last you at least 5-6 years, if not longer....Do the necessary maintenenace and you'll have a good lookking and safe car for years to come....

BTW, I know a Ferrari 308 replica with a V8 motor build on a Fiero chassis for $11K....Photo is below....If you need furthe info email me directly....Best of luck

http://www.geocities.com/bruni32/308_Ferrari_white2
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Well I do not know the difference between a kit car or a replica. I was doing some searching on ebay and became quite fond of murcielago http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3A1%3A1v_home

link is above ^^ I love the look / interior but do not know on how it handles. For the most part everybody can laugh but I do not know how to drive stick. I don't have any money laying around but can afford monthly payments which is why I asked for the leasing option. I am basically looking for a car kit or replica that looks like it's a newer ferrari / lambo. Like in the ebay picture stated above. I like to find a car on where like you mentioned above the technician/engineer did replace the parts that wear out after 20 years of life that way I don't have to worry about replacing every part. When and if I purchase a kit car / replica I want it to be ready for the road and ready to drive when I drive it off the lot. I'm just waiting for the right car / option to buy too come along.

Sorry, I don't know of anyone leasing replica/kit cars.....(same thing just the terms are used differently by people).

I have heard a few places in LA, Miani and NYC that RENT exotic cars with an option to buy after a certain term....I have not heard of replica cars for lease...Most builders who are selling their finished products want to recoupe their money as soon as possible so they can get money to build another replica...Leasing a replica/kit car based on a older car like a Fiero or MR2 will not be feaseable for most dealers because these cars are older and tent to break...People who usually lease sports cars drive them hard and have no real worries since it's NOT THEIR CAR -- they do only minimum maintainance. It's also impossible to get a loan from any bank to buy a replica/kit car...Get a personal loan instread if you have any assets.

So save your money and in a few years you might be able to save enough to BUY your dream replica outright and drive it off the lot. But no matter what you buy be prepared to maintain you replica and spend a few bucks -- after all they are USED cars.

Regards

VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Yeah that's what I figured just figure there would be another way than paying outright. Wonder if it's possible for me to buy an mr2 spyder and give it to a body shop to do all the work? =P

Where are you located? If you take your car to a bodyshop or anyone that is not expeirenced with installing a kit they will do what is called a "Bone Dance" on you. You will pay allot more and get allot worse of a job. Someone like BondoBob
    is a full time body man and he is Experienced.. but 95% of others are not. I am a full time Auto Fabricator and am very setup for installing. I am able to do 95% of the work in house and am paying way too much for my paint work, Because someone else is doing it. My point is Kit Car's or Replica's are not cheap to build.. if you cannot do allot of the work yourself you are better off buying one off Ebay or from someone that had given up. I wish you luck in your search but don't think you can buy everything and drop off the parts and pick up a finished driveable and safe Vehicle in a few weeks.

My $0.02
    Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

What he said!
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !