Thread: V8 installed in a Testarossa replica. Please HELP!

V8 installed in a Testarossa replica. Please HELP!

I am helping out a friend with getting the materials needed to get a V8 installed in his Testarosse replica. What is the best Conversion kit, Motor and Transmission for the price. We will have a professional do the install here in Austin but we need to get the parts first. Also, any general idea on what one might charge for installing the motor and tranny? Thanks, -Paul

Re: V8 installed in a Testarossa replica. Please H

Hey FROG it's me the guy with the bull tattoo. I'm not sure of the space you have in a Testarossa but I know a Chevy 350 Small Block will squeeze in a Countach. I might be going with a Chevy 350SB with a Stroker kit. It will be punched out to 383 Cubic inches and have 425HP...keep in mind you will have to bump up the cooling system. High flow water pump and definately a 4 core rad...better to be safe than sorry. Make sure your axles can handle the high HP...don't wanna blow those up...I will probably go with a Porsche tranny...I've heard anything over 400HP will need a Porsche tranny...anything under can probably get away with an Audi or Renault R25 tranny...Hope this helps!!! Hope it fits!!!
    A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

Get with V8 Archie!!
    If you didn't do anything bad to the cradle, the V8 will go in just fine...no worries. you won't blow up axles either, that is a myth. Buy NEW ones, when you put the engine in the car, and remember that Mid Engine cars aren't for Drag Racing!!! (Actually any car that has dog bone axles, shouldn't be used for dragging). Try to avoid massive, abrupt power dumping, especially from a standstill. (take it easy on the burnouts, ESPECIALLY if you have large tires!!!)

Use a Fuel injected engine (Northstar, LT1, LS1 or Late Generation L98) For lighter engines in the Chevy V8's, make sure it is a Corvette engine, although you may have to by some of the Camaro/Firebird Accessory Brackets, to ensure a correct fit.

Hope this helps! Here is Archies address:

www.v8archie.com

Steve
    87 3.1Turbo GT Spyder

The price here in California for a v8 install (and all the legal BS that goes with it here, is about $7,000.

Steve
    87 3.1Turbo GT Spyder

Thanks guys! Much appreciated.

Steve:

I put a 3800 Buick engine in my 355 rebody with a 5 speed. I plant to put a turbo on the engine with all of the toys. Have you any experience in this area. Rockcrawler gave me a few ideas, thought I would ask you as well.

MAPICS
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.