Thread: 355 IFG coupe...sail panels...

355 IFG coupe...sail panels...

Re: 355 IFG coupe...sail panels...

Actually Don, the place where your sail panels need to be corrected is the roof end of the sail panels and not the bottom of them.

The roof line comes back a couple inches too far before it starts to slope down toward the quarter panels. Sorry if what I wrote you earlier was not clear. I have attached one of the pics you sent me of your lining up process and I put a line in where I think the roof line should end up to be better adjusted to the real thing with this kit.

To get the roof line to move the couple inches forward, you need to cut a couple inches off the back of the metal Fiero roof panel that the old rear window used to attach to. Then weld two 1" sq. braces down to the tops of the shock towers to maintain a rigid frame. These braces will be inside the sail panel but really helps with strengthening the rear section since you cut away a bunch of the B-Pillar.

The bottom of the sail panel looks to be in a good position.

Sorry
    Don
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

those stress cracks really pop up quick, nothing some good old duct tape wont fix!
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Don what is the story with that picture? Is that one of your cars?

Delorean.

Not sure which Don you are talking to here but these panels Bat Ride is talking to me about are the same body panels that I bought off him 5 years ago. He is now cutting up his body as I did to get everything to line up.

Mine started off as a coupe as well until I cut the roof off and sent it to MadMike out in Boston as a template for him to do some work on his 355 when he was doing them. Not sure what happened to his 355 kit as I see he is selling off some testa panels....

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Don (screenname Don)

I was referring to you, I was a bit confused because in your other posts you have a spider. Now I understand, nice work!

-Chris

That car looks the same as my old kit I started with, which I got from Delorean00.
    Chris, remember that thing. It doesn't look all that bad, maybe I should have kept it and finished it a long time ago.

Bob
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

The overall shape of the panels are pretty good but the body lines were way off. I cut all the panels to line them up and then Bat Ride(Don) and I have been emailing back and forth and I have been showing him what I did to line up the body lines. In fact, we just emailed back and forth about 10 minutes ago. The car can be made to look half way decent when all done but MY GAWD it has been a long road of trial and error to get here for me anyway. Bat Ride is getting the benefit of the quick course and not all the redos I had to to go through to get it better.

Still not to the final quality of John's AD molds but way better than it started.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV