Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help I just bought an unfinshed Ferrari F40 Kit on a Fiero

Help I just bought an unfinshed Ferrari F40 Kit on a Fiero

Hello to all,
    I found this site listed on Pennocks Fiero Forum. I just picked up an unfinshed (hardly srarted) F40 Kit on a 86 Fiero chassis. It came with real Ferrari badges and some other stuff. Where do I start? Any ideas who made the kit? Is there any information or books? The back "window/engine cover" is broken, it seems to be made of clear plexiglass, with slots cut in it. Where can I get a replacement?
    Any leads on parts or information would be great. The Ferrari stuff came from Kitcaracessories.com Has anyone purchased their interior components?
    Thanks,

Re: Help I just bought an unfinshed Ferrari F40 Kit on a Fiero

http://www.normsfiberglass.com/Ourproducts.html

a good source for that as far as i know. also look for testarossa wheels if you want something that looks good on a f40 kit, or something cheaper depending on your budget. i can try to help you as much as i can, i have the owners manual for the f40.
    for taillights, the 308 / 328 will work. opel GT lights will also work i belive, but i would double check that. i'm not sure exactly what you need.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

www.v8archie.com has the stuff too .. but it is not advertised.
    Visit My KitCarOnLine Blog<br />http://www.kitcaronline.ca and Links Site at http://www.kitcars.ca

There is a fully upholstered 328 style interior that may still be available in the Florida area. It is being replaced with a 355 type to match the car.
    E-mail me if you'd like to get a hold of him.

Rob
    FieroInteriors@Juno.com

maybe* we can share info* there are* a few things i need for mine, I contacted Archie. He tokd me to compile a list of items and email him, I done that a couple months ago and never heard back from him. Im sure he is really busy might try again soon. right now* mine has been put off* money gets alittle tight this time of year. plu sI am trying to finish up my fiero about to start swapping over to a series 2 in it..... god seems i been saying that about 2 years now lol
    1987 Fiero GT 3800sc
    1985 Fiero GT Northstar
    1985 Fiero GT 3800

There is a guy in Bushnell, Florida that builds F40 kits. His name is JR. I think the area code is 352 but don't remember much else. Hope that helps. He makes the rear window as well.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

This is JRs F40 kit look pretty accurate
    http://www.kitcarman.com/jisod842.htm

Quote Originally Posted by F40 Kit
    Hello to all,
    I found this site listed on Pennocks Fiero Forum.* I just picked up an unfinshed (hardly srarted) F40 Kit on a 86 Fiero chassis.* It came with real Ferrari badges and some other stuff.* Where do I start?* Any ideas who made the kit?* Is there any information or books?* *The back "window/engine cover" is broken, it seems to be made of clear plexiglass, with slots cut in it.* Where can I get a replacement?*
    Any leads on parts or information would be great.* *The Ferrari stuff came from Kitcaracessories.com Has anyone purchased their interior components?*
    Thanks,
    Can you post some photos of the F-40 kit you're working on?? *we'd like to see what it looks like at this point....Not many people in here are building F-40 replicas so it would be nice to have some photos of something other than a F355 build-up blog...

Good luck *- *VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Amida,

Have you seen the 328 style interior??* I'm going to be changing the interior in my 308 and may have an interest.

Thanks
    Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

Can anybody give a hint how I can upload pictures of my F40 replica? Which size and type (jpeg tiff...)Sorry but I could find it :
    Cheers Tom