Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari Gated Shifter, door handle badge, and running board/kick pannel question

Ferrari Gated Shifter, door handle badge, and running board/kick pannel question

Guys

First time posting to this site. I did some searching before asking these question and wanted to get a current update.

In the past I have owned two other Kitcars; an 88 Mera (sold to a guy in Oklahama City, OK so if your here please let me know how the car is doing) and also a CMC Porsche Speedster replica. Now I am picking up another 308 replica thats mounted on an 86 Fiero 4 speed. I'm getting the car relatively cheap and plan on putting only about 3-4 grand tops into the car to bring it to a point where I can resell it or drive it for fun. I plan on adding the Pisa Aertero Dash Cover with Glovebox, a pair of Mr. Mike's seats, a Momo wheel with button, and all the correct exterior badgeing. May put a CAI onto the car from the Fiero store and of course I'm going to do a "minor tune-up" as soon as I get the car home...new filters, fluids, plugs, wires, etc. Probably also put some cross drilled rotors on the car for looks and a coulpe other odds and ends.

My first question is where I can aquire a funcional gated shifter for my car. I know that kitcaraccessories has one but it says that I need to get an aftermarket console for it to work. If that is the only way then I'll do it but was wondering if there are some other options. I know on my old Mera I had Rodney Dickman's short shift lever/kit and that was really a nice piece. I also had a gate similar to the Euroshift kit that shifited inside the H. Looks nice when you are sitting there; but kinda odd looking when driving the car.

Second; I am looking for the small, metal Ferrari badges that go on the retangle portion of the door handle. It's on the front portion of the handle; right above the tab that locks the doors and slightly behind the actual handle. The badge looks like a scaled down version of the nose badge and mesures probably about 2"x3". Again I had these on my Mera but they were there when I got the car so I'm not sure where they came from.

Finally I'm looking for a pair of engraved Ferrari door sills or kick pannels for the interior of the doors. I have seen these before on ebay but not sure where to buy them.

Any help or direction you can give me on where to find these products would be greatly apprecieated. Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.
    &quot;Nice car; what&#039;s the retail on one of those?&quot;.....<br />&quot;More then you can afford Pal.......Ferrari&quot;<br />&quot;Smoke Em&quot;

Re: Ferrari Gated Shifter, door handle badge, and running board/kick pannel question

Great to see 308 guys out there! What's "May put a CAI onto the car" from the Fiero store, didn't get the short-hand...?

Rob Amida makes a functional shift gate and he just improved it. His site, Fiero Interiors, is on my car site near the bottom: http://www.ironmanarmory.com/merarrari/merarrari.html

The door handle logo is available at: http://ferrari.jbrianriley.com/

Re: Ferrari Gated Shifter, door handle badge, and running board/kick pannel question

Rams

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for on the emblems. I pick up the car in two weeks!!! Can't wait!

Posted a second question about the gated shifter (gated shifter 2).

Does anyone make a complete replacement doorsill for fieros that says Ferrari on it or is the decal the only way?
    &quot;Nice car; what&#039;s the retail on one of those?&quot;.....<br />&quot;More then you can afford Pal.......Ferrari&quot;<br />&quot;Smoke Em&quot;

Re: Ferrari Gated Shifter, door handle badge, and running board/kick pannel ques

i used 2 ferrari lapel pins then grinded off the pin part, these fit exactly in to the space

West Coast Fiero has an shiny aluminum one sans logo (http://www.westcoastfiero.com/interior/interior.html), but Brian Riley at the site I gave before does something with the Ferrari logo--not sure if it's the whole board or just a decal...

Here's another site if you need to dress up your 308 or replace some parts: http://www.fibersmith.net/kitcar.html

Quote Originally Posted by ferraristyle
    Rams

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for on the emblems.* I pick up the car in two weeks!!!* Can't wait!

Does anyone make a complete replacement doorsill for fieros that says Ferrari on it or is the decal the only way?
    The rubber OEM door sills are available from Ferrari. They are $29 each and have self stick on the back side.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Re: Ferrari Gated Shifter, door handle badge, and running board/kick pannel ques

Quote Originally Posted by Rams Ruul
    Great to see 308 guys out there! What's "May put a CAI onto the car" from the Fiero store, didn't get the short-hand...?
    'CAI' stands for "Cold Air Intake".....
    As far as stickers, both Rodney D. and Brian Riley have a good assortment!
    Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyWheels
    Quote Originally Posted by ferraristyle
    Rams

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for on the emblems.* I pick up the car in two weeks!!!* Can't wait!

The rubber OEM door sills are available from Ferrari.* They are $29 each and have self stick on the back side.
    Funny

Got a Ferrari part number for those door sills?

As a matter of fact I do have the number on a box sitting on my shelf in the office.

The part number is 62172-10000-0000 Description Rubber Strip

The door rubber is for a 1998 Ferrari 355.

Hope this helps you.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Watch the gated shifter. The Fiero transmission is a little sloppy and really does not like to be forced into a gate. Did you ever notice that when you put it into first gear, the shift lever moves a little to the side? With a gate you run the risk of wearing the syncros faster. The main issue here is that the gate is just damn cool. I love the click click sound. If you have the time, find someone who owns a real Ferrari with more than 30k miles and talk about the shifter causing premature wear on the transmission.