Thread: 355 Spyder Kits

355 Spyder Kits

Looking to bulid a Ferrari 355 Spyder kit car on a Fiero base. Looks like the Mirage is highly praised on here, as I am new to this site, does anyone know the best place to get this kit and cost in USD$? Or any insight to other non-stretch kits (as that is what I am leaning towards) would be greatly appreciated. I would consider stretch design if price was right. Thanks to any with insight/help. Jason

Re: 355 Spyder Kits

You have an IM... If you havn't noticed yet

DKOV -

Thanks for the info, just read the IM. Where do you purchase the Mirage kit, or any others that are non-stretch kits. Your car looks great DKOV, do you have pics of the kit before installation? Thanks.

There is a guy in North Georgia that makes Ferrari racing parts and has what you need. John Watson, 706 -941-4676. Fits a non stretch Fiero, separate rockers, real 355 quarter windows, MR2 rear glass. Nice stuff, Almost ready to paint. I have never seen quality this high in a kit before. I own a Mirage and wish I had met this guy first. I am going over my car from one end to the other replacing Mirage stuff. Tell him Dave from Florida sent you.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Do you happen to know what John charges for a complete kit? and what that would include. I could call him but would rather ask around first. After reading damn near every post concerning the 355 I think I am going with the non-stretch version. Looks like mirage kits come highly recommended, but seems like you can't find them. Plus I could easily make it to GA to check the place out.

Thanks for the info, just read the IM. Where do you purchase the Mirage kit, or any others that are non-stretch kits. Your car looks great DKOV, do you have pics of the kit before installation? Thanks.

Check out my build diary site for pics of the kit... On the BODY page.

I still have two Mirage kits available... one Spyder and one Coupe (Berlinetta).

DKOV -

I am not sure what John charges for his kits, although it is less than what I paid for my Mirage Kit and the quality of Johnís kit is as good as it gets. John is an automotive designer who built concept cars for the Detroit guys. He loved the 355 lines and put together several fiberglass replacement parts for local body shops to repair real 355's when you could not get parts for the cars to get them back on the road. That process evolved into racing parts for Challenge Cars like the Tommy Hilfiger 355 Challenge Car, then eventually evolved into building a complete kit. When I got my Mirage kit in 1998, I had to rework it for weeks just to get it to look like it could be painted in primer (crooked parts, bumpers that had fiberglass strands hanging from the rear of the parts, etc.), John's kits are near ready to paint when you get them. You have got to contact the guy or have someone who lives in Georgia go up and visit him on your behalf so you can get a second opinion. The attention to detail on John's parts will blow you away

Hmmm. Wonder if we could get this guy to do my hybrid 355 GTO Combo Idea...or maybe just a GTO????
    87 3.1Turbo GT Spyder

Give him a call. One never knows!

bump: What ever happen to your build?