Thread: Fiero frame Windshield

Fiero frame Windshield

I have a Testarossa in progress. I came across this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

*EDIT - link is from this site*
    http://www.angelfire.com/vt/ferrarikits/

Look at the pitch of the windshield. Mine is stock Fiero, and looks nothing like this. But, the hood of my kit looks like it was made to accommodate a windshield like this (though it looks fine as is), and I'm concidering changing it.

Has anyone changed the windshield in their Testaross or 355 from the stock Fiero? What car did you source the glass from? Did it need to be cut down, or did it fit the stock fiero frame ( with modifications along the hoodline)? Thanks in advance!

Re: Fiero frame Windshield

I have one on my 355
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

I think it adds a lot of value to the illusion of the 355. The custom manufactured glass I used came from Trevor Price. John Watson has a limited quantity available if he will part with one of them for you. I have a thread under the technical portion to illustrate how to install one of them. The top of the glass is Fiero the bottom of the glass is Ferrari.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

The TR on Ebay has a top secret window that is a standard window that costs about $150..
    That windshield has more curve than yours Dave.. I wonder what he used ???

Quote from the TR specs website.. Click on TR details link.--->http://www.angelfire.com/vt/ferrarikits/

Windshield

If you look closely you will notice that the windshield has more of a curve than a Fiero. Almost exactly the same as a Testarossa. It is glass from a very popular car and cost only about $150.00. The wiper pivots are simply removed and relocated in a new panel further forward and under the hood.

The windshield is from a geo storm. And despite the fact that it looks very steeply raked, the builder of the yellow car did not rake the a pillars, the angle that you see on the a pillars is stock fiero. The body has simply been modified to accept the glass, which is by no means a drop in unit like Trevors are ( except the bottom of course) One of the drawbacks I felt wouldnt make it a good choice for my tr was the square top corners and the bowed area at the top center of the glass. My TR has a windshield similar to what Trev sells and the top and sides are stock fiero which give me the rounded top corners and straight line across the top just like a real TR, Storm glass is a little closer to a 355 windshield which is bowed on the top unlike the 308/boxer / tr windshields.

The TR spoken of from the angelfire website I believe is the same Carlos in this forum (selling the 355 and TR molds). Maybe Carlos can tell us the secret windshield he uses.

SpeedofSound has a couple of the AirDynamics/Trevor winshields that he is selling, give him a shout if you need one.