Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: f355 interior

f355 interior

Hi, I just bought an 87 fiero. I don't have a whole bunch of money to dump on the car right now, is it possible to just convert the interior before doing any body work? if so how much would it cost? yes I have already researched before I posted. also the f355 kits ive seen do not look like a f355. the center console is different.
    thanx,
    ---- joe

Re: f355 interior

Welcome to the forum,

There is nothing wrong with doing an interior swap first. It does'nt make a difference "before or after" you do a replica body. (If at all).

Unless you remove the fuel tank and convert to a Flat Floor in the Fiero, the console will never look "exactly" like the original 355 since the Fiero Floor has a hump in the middle where the fuel tank is. Not really a big deal since many people don't quite know what a real 355 console looks like.

As far as price. For an accurate 355 interior, you can expect to pay over $1000 / $1500 (usually not upholstered). You'll have to have a shop (or yourself) do the leather work etc.

Good luck with the project.

Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

The number for a 355 interior is in the neighborhood of 3k plus upholstery. At the end of the day, you will have about 5K in the interior conversion, Interior kit, leather, instruments, wiring etc.

I only know the figures because I have done it a few times.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

I've heard that the best way to save money is to swap-in an interior from another car i.e. Firebird, Grandam, 240sx etc. I'm not sure how they the gauges work. Here's a couple of interior links at Pennocks.

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/023174-19.html
    http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/060036.html

The Ferrari 355's flat floor it the one key difference from the Fiero. As a matter of fact I believe the only Ferrari's with a tunnel are the front engine models.

Rob
    Fiero Interior Conversions
    Seattle, WA. USA.

Rob:

In my opinion, none of those interiors look as good as yours. If you have a 355 then use the best available. The Firebird and Gran Am stuff just doesn’t do it for me, although they look nice in a Fiero, a 355 replica is a different animal entirely. My vote is for your interior package.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Well Dave and Rob would know cost of the 355 interior that's for sure. I was'nt adding in Guages, Wiring etc.

I have a 308 so I have a bit more "room to play". I'm doing a 240SX conversion right now. I think in the 308, the dash is a nice replacement and has similar looks to an original 308 Dash. It also fits without much modification .

I have the door panels as well and with everything "mocked up". It gives the car a nice look. The thing with the 308 is:

It's an "old car" so putting a Grand Am or Firebird or 355 Dash just dos'nt look right to me. (Don't get me wrong, they look great in Fieros and in replicas but it's just not "for me".)

I needed something that had an older looking "style to it". The 240SX has that style and I think looks very nice in the 308 / 328 replicas. And for the money, you can't beat it.

I did also do some "conversions" that I'm finishing up now. I'm converting the Passenger Air Bag "door" into a 2nd glovebox and even have a Pininfarina Emblem from a Older Fiat that fits perfectly over the "AIRBAG" Lettering and it looks great. A small 1.5" Ferrari Metal prancing horse in the corner of the dash (nothing to excessive) and the dash looks really nice.

While nice looking, I would'nt be happy with it in a 355 replica.
    Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

I think Spyder has a 240sx interior in his 355. It looked like he did a pretty good job on it. The doors seemed to fit very well. It's great that he's driving the car around and enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyWheels
    Rob:

In my opinion, none of those interiors look as good as yours.

Dave
    Hey Dave, thanks for the compliment. You did a pretty nice job on your interior considering it's a one-off design. Hope you are enjoying your car this summer...it's one of the best ones around.

Rob
    Fiero Interior Conversions
    Seattle, WA. USA.

Hey Rob, where did your web page go?

The web page was up courtesy of JDinner on his 355 build diary. But he has a new site now.
    You'll have to e-mail me directly for the time being for more info.
    Thanks,
    Rob
    FieroInteriors@Juno.com