Thread: pig tail part numbers for F355 side marker lights

pig tail part numbers for F355 side marker lights

I am looking for pig tails for the F355 side marker lights and the third brake light. I know that I can always solder direct or even cut out the side marker lights to fit the Fiero socket, but I would prefer to have a pig tail plugs.

Re: pig tail part numbers for F355 side marker lights

Are they OEM Ferrari 355?If not, then I would have to assume that you would have to order those through the manufacture of the kit or try searching for the lense manufacturer,it may be stamped on the lense in small print (Then try searching for what you need,Example:GM turn signal pig tail).Here is a pic of what I did (you probubly know how to do this,but I'll post it anyway for the newbies).The chrome pice came with the new kit lense (see pic below),but the bulbs and pig tail were real,real, cheep so I stayed with the stock bulb and pigtal (no cutting of those).By looking at the pic you will see I ground the back flat (plastic chrome piece) with a bench sander,I then cut and shaped the stock connector (black piece in pic)to the desired shape I wanted (allso on the bench sander,Caution, that plastic gets real hot),I then epoxied it on the back.Basickly I have the upgraded side marker turn signals with the stock bulbs and pig tail.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

I saw what you did and am thinking about it as plan B. (as you know with kit cars, plan B is usually what you end up doing.) I was just hoping to get lucky and find the pig tails.

Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Brastic
    I am looking for pig tails for the F355 side marker lights and the third brake light. I know that I can always solder direct or even cut out the side marker lights to fit the Fiero socket, but I would prefer to have a pig tail plugs.
    If you can locate a Fiat somewhere they are the same light as a 355. You can just order the part from a dealer that has NOS. I paid about $4.00 each for mine. The lights were $9 and change. Just popped in like they should.
    Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Fiat and Ferrari sharing the same part. I should have thought of that. Thanks again Dave.

Fiat, Ferrari, Lamborghini Countach and Diablo, Maserati, Alfa Romeo and Lanci all used the exact same side marker lights at point or another.

Jim

When I opened the boxes of OEM side marker lights, I saw that the lenses had the twist off light socket with 4" of wire. I just cut the plug off of the end of the pig tail and soldered directly to the Fiero wires. After some shrink tubing and split side tubing, they look great.

Shane,

Why didn't you just do that in the first place rather then asking these questions? :-\ ;D

Since I have not opened the boxes of side marker lights, I did not know that they included the light socket and pig tail. I still would have liked to find the female connector that plugs into the OEM pig tail.

Thanks for making look stupid Ron.