Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle engine driven car?

Chamaco

Motorcycle engine driven car?

Have any of you guys had any success in building a motorcycle engine driven car?

Re: Motorcycle engine driven car?

There was a guy on pennocks who was putting two Hyabusas in a Fiero. I don't think you're going to find one with enough torque to move a Fieros weight. If it was going to work at all it would be in a Super 7. I saw one of these on ebay a while back with a Honda S2000 engine it, which I think would be the ideal engine for that car. I think the Hyabusa puts out around 200 hp, but not much torque. Not sure how much torque from the Honda, but I think hp is 240.

Just remembered there are some three wheelers with BMW motorcycle engines in them, but then a three wheeler in Ca. is still classified as a motorcycle not a car.

A motorcycle engine would be slow but sound exotic in a full sized replicar..

I have seen many trikes but only one cycle powered car I can rember..

I did make a tube steel go-cart years ago with a 480cc two stroke dirt bike engine and a 5 speed.
    The huge two stroke one cylinder engine vibrated so bad it gave you double vision..It was a rush to drive and it was fast fast fast..

This guy has a 150hp 1100 cc motorcycle engine in this thing..

We've talked about this a bit in the Grabercars.com forum, and a few people seem to be concidering it. Keep in mind that these guys are designing (for the most part) their cars from scratch and don't have to worry about moving a heavy car, they just need to keep the design light.
    I saw a three wheeled bike on my way to the junk yard a few weeks ago, he was going the oppsite way on the Turnpike and I was behind a 360, but it looked cool.

You can maybe look around http://thekneeslider.com/motorcycle-powered-cars/ for some ideas.
    I come to you with only &quot;KARATE&quot; - empty hands. I have no weapons, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles or my honor; should it be a matter of life or death, of right or wrong; then here are my weapons - &quot;KARATE&quot; - my empty hands.<br />- Ed Parker, 1957

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ferrari
    This guy has a 150hp 1100 cc motorcycle engine in this thing..

This thing looks easy to tip over. I saw on TV an inventor who designed a bike that automatically deployed side wheels whenever the bike came to a stop. No need to stand with feet. Anyone also see this?

This is a T-Rex I don't know how much horsepower it has but I know they are fast as hell.
    Anthony (BLACKMASK) Coleman<br /><br />Producer, Songwriter, Manager

You are all missing to great cyle powered cars. One was featured in a kitcar mag years ago... I still have that issue somewhere. The pointek sportech.

0-60 in 4 seconds ok ? Stats can be found here http://www.funcar.com/sportech/index.html

And there newest offering.