Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping costs?

Shipping costs?

Anyone here know how much it would be to ship a kit from California or Ohio to Ontario, Canada?

Re: Shipping costs?

I'd say to pull up their website and give them an email or call. I'm pretty sure they can give you a much more accurate figure than most of us can guess. All I know is that from California to WA, IFG charged me $750. Crossing the boarder may be a little or a lot different.

Ken

Do a search. There has been a lot of talk about getting a kit car into Canada.

I finally got my car loaded up at John Watsons yesterday. It took over 2 months to get it picked up. I'm disgusted with the brokerage system where you get a quote and then they put it up on the big board for someone to pick up. You don't know what the broker posts it at and mine sat for a long time. I would try uship.com. You post your job and the haulers contact you directly with a bid. Apparently my broker posted on the board with too low a price. I paid $1100 from Johns place. The first bids I got before his barbaque were from $650 to $800, but I now consider those bids to be meaningless.

There is also a big difference between shipping a rolling car and a 4x8x4ft box.
    Visit My KitCarOnLine Blog<br />http://www.kitcaronline.ca and Links Site at http://www.kitcars.ca

I pay $500 to ship cars from Boston to PE Island. [Eastern Canada]& $1200 from Florida. I would guess $1800 from Calif. to Ont. Just be sure you have someone familiar with border red tape. A lot of auto delivery companies probably don't realize there is a border :
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

^^^ So you can get kit cars into Canada? http://www.riv.ca/english/US_vehicle_admissibility.pdf
    Scroll down to page 4. How did they allow you to get it into Canada?

I should have specified........................
    No. These are regular cars and trucks that I re-sell as part of my business. Sorry for confusion
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

Well, Canada will not let any kit cars across the border unless it was made 15 years ago. So the list of available builders has been cut down significantly. I will have to find someone in Canada now.