Thread: NEED MAJOR ENGINE HELP

NEED MAJOR ENGINE HELP

ok im new here and i have a pre-fab frame for a fiero at http://www.ifgonline.com and a kit for it as well but my question is i want to put a V8 engine into it but i cant find a transverse transmission for the rear of the car and i dont know if the engine will even fit in the compartment any advice?

Re: NEED MAJOR ENGINE HELP

Which chassis do you have?
    If it is a Replica Chassis from IFG you will need to go with a longtudinal transmission (Porsche/Audi/ZF)
    As for transverse (sideways) any front wheel drive transmission will work in the back. Just don't turn it around meaning the left must be on the left when it is in the back too.
    Cadillac has transverse V-8's that will fit.

Here first off WELCOME..

go to www.archiev8.com he is the guy for v8 in transverse setup or call or email hime and he is allways happy to chat..

i was looking at the v8 archie are there any restictions for the small block v8 a in HP or year

do any of you know where i can find a cadillac with a transverse transmission already boled on or would v8 archie be my best bet to match it up with a 350/375HP engine off of http://www.enginefactory.com/375hp.htm

Quote Originally Posted by frank
    i was looking at the v8 archie are there any restictions for the small block v8 a in HP or year
    it all boils down to What do u want it to do and How much u want to spend..I would say for for a use LS series engine...

Quote Originally Posted by frank
    do any of you know where i can find a cadillac with a transverse transmission already boled on or would v8 archie be my best bet to match it up with a 350/375HP engine off of http://www.enginefactory.com/375hp.htm
    As for a caddy 4.9L it would be max'd out around 300hp and it will cost u ALOT to do..and as for that engine quote above..it is way over priced...

www.sdpc2000.com go there and check the crate engines

Don't go with a 4.9. I bought a 98 N* with a tranny and 70,000 miles for $1100. I don't think it was a steal. I bought an 86 GT with a 97 N* and 17,000 miles installed by a Cadillac mechanic at the dealership for $5000. I do think that was a steal. I'm getting a wiring harness built for Ryans GM 7730 computer and his tranny controller for $500 for the 98. I'm going with the 4t65ehd tranny to save 100 lbs and it can be built to hold 1200 hp for about $4000 according to GM racing, but N*s come with trannys often so that would be the cheapest way to go. Talk to Ryan. Since he has hacked the GM computer and Will builds harnesses, the scary part of the N* has been handled. I admit since I'm not done with Ryans set up it is still untested by me.

well im willing 2 spend 10,000 total for the engine and tranny but i want high HP and if im correct i dont know for sure but by reading the info on archie V8 those trannys are rated for 400 hp i was looking for a little more but i guess that i have 2 call and find out if they can take more then that does any body have an answer for me on that and i appreciate all the help im a body person idk nada about them really so all this is really helping i have a pre fab chassis from IFG and is also where i got the kit but as far as the engine goes im learning here so HELPPPP me please