Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom Frame

Custom Frame

I attached a pic of the peugeot 406. Just to give you an overview of what Im trying to accomplish, Im considering buying a kitcar and the Peugeot 406 is supposedly the best donor car for the job. Before I purchase the kit and donor, Im trying to see if the setup Im hoping for is possible. The company hasn't came up with the rear engine setup yet. So Im now looking for someone that can produce a performance quality rear engine frame setup or atleast the blueprint. I would attempt this on my own but the frame would probably collapse if you breath on it, yet alone hold a suped up V-8. Here's the link for the kitcar http://www.extreme-sportscars.com/360/q&a.htm

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

Re: Custom Frame

We are working on a design an if you would like to help us we can make you a chassis or help you get prints ,its up to you , we welcome you here an will share ideas an offer parts 8)
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Hi I would be interrested also. What kind of help do you need?
    Phil

Hi Ray, Do you know what the wheelbase is on the car??

We build a mid engine tube chassis that we have used in Murcielago, Diablo, and even Countach builds. We are taking advance orders on a package of plans that you could also alter to suit. That is a very sweet looking kit by the way!
    Mike
    www.Chassisworksinc.com<br />www.Chassissupply.com

what would a tube frame chassis cost for a 360 replica?
    White Fugazzi Bentley Supersport Convertible GTC

THANKS GUYS! THATS GREAT, I Figured I'd need all the help and advice I can get for the frame ???. The completed 360 on the site is goregous but in my opinion it's not really complete without the mid engine. Im basically doing my research before I jump out there and buy a "LEMON." I would love to have my frame setup before I purchase the kit. The site offers a two seater conversion but thats just removing the rear seat and installing a panel. Here's the link for the 360 specs http://www.dennigcars.org/models/ferrari_360.htm and here's the peugeot 406 specs http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z...e/default.aspx. Any advice is very much welcomed, I'm looking more for the blueprints but if is better for my pockets I'll purchases a modded chassis. GODSPEED Gentlemen! ;D

As I mentioned, we are just about done with a blueprints pkg for our Builder chassis. It has a 104" wheelbase(easilly changed) and 67.75" rear track. The plans are such that if you wanted to use them as a starting block, and alter them to suit your buid, it wouldn't be hard at all. We've built a bunch of these chassis and have used them in custom builds, Diablos Murcielagos, even a Countach at 98.5".

Ck out the details at www.chassisworksinc.com

I have a bunch of old pics posted on my build diaries at www.KItcentral.com, look in page 4, I think , "Chassisworksinc".

The basic chassis is set up for SBC with an Audi or Porsche trans, but you can use what you like.

Mike
    www.Chassisworksinc.com<br />www.Chassissupply.com

I have been talking to Mike at ChassisWorks about a countach chassis and am very impressed. Mike really knows his stuff and has thought of even the smallest details that in the end will make a huge difference. I would strongly suggest looking into his chassis plans, no need to guess and make potential mistakes when you can tap into the knowledge and experience of a professional chassis builder. - Fred

ITALIENKNIGHRIDER: How can I help you?? ;D Have send you a PM

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

well we plan to us the rear of the diablo chassis plans an move the wheel base 2" closer to the cabin ,we have tried talking to several people about making the firewall back of a diablo replica chassis an moving the tabs for the suspension 2" closer to the cockpit is easy an then use 2" by 3" for both side door beams , my uncle called an talk to chassisworks an he was not interested in helping 6 months ago ,he even sent out some hand drawings of what we wanted

who can make this an what will it cost
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!