Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fiero Tube Frame

Fiero Tube Frame

I know someone had made a Fiero Tube Frame, and that it had been sold on here, a while back.
    Does anyone have pictures, drawings, measurments, etc. on this? It's more or less a curosity thing for me at this point.

Thanks.
    I come to you with only &quot;KARATE&quot; - empty hands. I have no weapons, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles or my honor; should it be a matter of life or death, of right or wrong; then here are my weapons - &quot;KARATE&quot; - my empty hands.<br />- Ed Parker, 1957

Re: Fiero Tube Frame

I don't remember the post but a friend of mine has a countach on top of a custom frame it basically had the fiero front cross-member and all the fiero arms,steering a/c, etc .. at the back was the fiero cradle ,he retained the fiero rear struts that just went up to a framed box kind of bracket on the frame that was basically 2x3 ,2x2, framed members that connected the two front to back I first saw it about 7-10 yrs ago it seemed quite inventive to me back then ...you really didn't have to worry about suspension geometrey and such ...but with all the companys building professional replica chassis these days it seems kind of dated now ...john

We build tube chassis with Fiero dash and rear firewall locations, but the rest of it is clean sheet. I remember somebody built a chassis for a Fiero that had a rippin v8 and all kinds of racecar stuff, but it was a one off. I think it was on Pennock's forum though..do a chassis search there, it'll come up because the postings were huge on it.
    Mike
    www.Chassisworksinc.com<br />www.Chassissupply.com

this is my fiero chassis for my lambo roadster

http://www.shatterstonerocks.com/ima...mbo%20cage.jpg

That is way cool, !! nice work.

Hey can you move that shot up a few inches, I can't quite see the girl's butt in the pic on the wall!!! Teaser! ;D
    www.Chassisworksinc.com<br />www.Chassissupply.com

wow ..that is really well done ...how is your deck clearance to the top of the air cleaner ...is the air cleaner above the original height of the fiero firewall? in your pic it looks to be a couple inches above ?..where is the bottom of the oil pan in relation to the cradle ? thanks ... glad to see I am not the only one who hasn,t given up on the old fiero great work again ...john

that is a extremely nice chassis. Where did it come from?

Thanks guys !!!! someone had already stretched it before I bought it but I had to totally rebuild it and change everything to lower the body and redo all engine and tyranny cross members and rear end so I guess you could say I built it ?
    yes the air cleaner is about 2" above the original fire wall but it's gone and all redone to fit the pulleys and pump . the oil pan has 1/2" clearance to cross member and the cross member is around 5" off the ground ! it is not the stock cross member I changed all that .

here are some more pics before and after ! it has been a ton of work !!!

I don't have a complete tube frame, but I do have a rear subframe that extends the Fiero wheelbase and mounts a V8 / porsche or Audi transaxle...

Here's a link http://team321.com/MidEngineCradle/S...ineCradle.html

dave
    http://www.team321.com
    Cocoa Beach FL

On a side note, and not to change the topic, Where is Cocoa Beach?

I'm always happy to learn more and recomend products that I see work.
    I come to you with only &quot;KARATE&quot; - empty hands. I have no weapons, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles or my honor; should it be a matter of life or death, of right or wrong; then here are my weapons - &quot;KARATE&quot; - my empty hands.<br />- Ed Parker, 1957