Thread: 355-like gauges

355-like gauges

Help please. What is the best set of look-alike gauges for a 355 and where can I get a set? And, are they plug & play in the Fiero electrical system, or do they require an adaptor kit? I once saw a set of VDO gauges with a Ferrari emblem on them, but cannot find them on any website.

Thanks for any help.

Re: 355-like gauges

I see that Funnywheels has VDO gauges and they look good.

This set has the bar at top, but the crescent moon needle is not right:
    http://www.egauges.com/vdo_grou.asp?...raditional_SLF

This set is close and has a 200MPH speedometer:
    http://www.egauges.com/vdo_mult.asp?...od_SLF&Units=E
    http://www.egauges.com/images/Classi...cs/HR01SLF.jpg

I have not seen a good set of gauges with the Ferrari logo on them and the sets above are sealed. At one time someone tried to open the sealed sets and add the logo with less than great results.

I am still looking also and look forward to what others have found.

Get a hold of Ferrarifan on this forum. I believe he got a set of 355 replica gauges as part of a special order. Perhaps a new batch can be produced.

Rarely are the gages plug and play,but for info on the wireing,start here:
    http://www.frontiernet.net/~jgunsett/AuxGageInstal.htm
    Some forum members have been known to,attach a small sticker such as Ferrari,or Lambroghini..on a set of gages they like.The mini stickers are obtained from a toy model.Then theres whats called a layover,printing out a gage set that has the same dimensions as stock and placed directly over the stock gages (there were a few templates posted some time ago).It all depends how much money you want to spend,style and quality you want.
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

No replacement gauges are going to be plug and play since the Fiero gauges are all part of a single printed circuit board that plugs into the wiring harness. Whatever gauge set you decide to use will require cutting the fiero harness and splicing it into leads going to each replacement gauge. I used VDO "Series One" gauges, others use the "Cockpit" series.
    Even the longest journey begins with the first step.

These are the gauges that were special ordered through 'Modena'. Don't know where he got them, but a few people have them.

Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by busguy
    Help please. What is the best set of look-alike gauges for a 355 and where can I get a set? And, are they plug & play in the Fiero electrical system, or do they require an adaptor kit? I once saw a set of VDO gauges with a Ferrari emblem on them, but cannot find them on any website.

Thanks for any help.
    If you have a good photoshop you can do them yourself.

You know that authentic gauges with the logos are gonna cost you around $1000 or more, right ?

NONE of the gauges are "plug-n-play" because the fiero gauges are fed through printed circuits and the aftermarket gauges will need to be individually wired. If you're not careful, the gauges won't match the GM sending units and you'll end up needing to change sending units too - the fuel level in the gas tank is the tough one. When you buy the gauges, get a Haynes manual for the year fiero you have because it has the wiring diagrams in the back.

What about using the wiring harness offered at PISA? I was under the impression that the Fiero would "plug" into this harness and the VDO gauges would "plug" into the harness. I was hoping to do this when it came to the interior - Anyone with experience with this?