Thread: cobra 32valve engine w/audi5000 tranny, anyone make adapter plate for it?

cobra 32valve engine w/audi5000 tranny, anyone make adapter plate for it?

hey guys

well, we are about to rip the 86 fiero apart and at the least attempt to throw in a 32 valve ford cobra engine in it(non s/c) fro a 96 cobra.

we also located a dirt cheap audi 5000 tranny for $200, or a 94 quattro 5spd tranny for $450.

anyhow, anyone make adapter plate for it? 32valve to 5000 or quattro 5spd transmission?

thanks guys!

Re: cobra 32valve engine w/audi5000 tranny, anyone make adapter plate for it?

If you find this I'll give you a cookie or something.
    I have a '97 Cobra (not pulling that engine) and am looking at getting another 4.6 DOHC for my custom car.
    I come to you with only &quot;KARATE&quot; - empty hands. I have no weapons, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles or my honor; should it be a matter of life or death, of right or wrong; then here are my weapons - &quot;KARATE&quot; - my empty hands.<br />- Ed Parker, 1957

i got a 97 cobra as well, built up with probe pistons, h beams, vortech blower etc. we got another engine laying around and since it is aluminum and produces pretty good power stock, why not?

hey do you remember where the starter is? on the driver side or pass side?

the engine is too far to look and i cant remember

i was also thinking of just throwing the complete harness of a mustang/cobra(96-98), front to back to get the engine going and make all the electrical connections true and proper with no second guessing or propbems down the line. im talking headlights to engine ecu to the rear tailight harness. since the harness is only what, $300 used? it seems like a very good investment, also the anti-theft key chip will work with a steering column used from the cobra/mustang.

this is going to go into towards the future murci build, that is if top gun does not deliver on photos/workmanship proof, i will have to go with the g24.

some of you guys are wondering why a ford in a gm. well.... the gm is too much of a hassle wiring wise. i am very familiar with the ford stuff and it is very inexpensive to me as i know where to shop for the proper pieces.

sorry for the typing mistakes

I believe the Clutch is on the driver side, and the starter is on the left.

I agree with the wiring; putting the Cobra back together is easier than when I did a rebuild of my 'Vette.
    I come to you with only &quot;KARATE&quot; - empty hands. I have no weapons, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles or my honor; should it be a matter of life or death, of right or wrong; then here are my weapons - &quot;KARATE&quot; - my empty hands.<br />- Ed Parker, 1957

Kennedy make adapters for everything,

oh well that idea is scrapped as kennedy does not have an adapter for the 32v-audi tranny

they do have a 3800s/c to audi tranny adapter and I am seriously considering going that route!

Now one last thing while on the subject, who sells a complete wiring harness for the 3800-fiero swap?
    MANUAL TRANNY!

I would check on Pennock's www.fiero.nl.

There are folks there that have complete wiring harnesses that mat eup to the Fiero harnesses made up for sale. Do a search and you should find something pretty easily.

Cheers and giood luck
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV