Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is running with a 355 muffler??

Who is running with a 355 muffler??

Hi all,

What engine are you using with the 355 muffler, and do you have or could you put up a sound file?? You could use putfile.com, they are free to use, all you have to do is register...... I've had an account for almost a year and haven't had any spam emails, or other problems!!
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

Re: Who is running with a 355 muffler??

??? Yeah, I just bought a 355 muffler for the kit I'm ordering. How did you guys hook it up, and what did it sound like?

Hi all,

The only write up of a 355 muffler that I know of was done by an exforum member by the name of DKOV, and what he did, IIRC, was to close the lower flowing ports on the muffler, and connect his exhaust to the high flowing exits.... I'd have to search for this to be sure, but I don't have time right now to.... By the way if you ever meet Scott or DKOV, do buisness with him, should you, VERY carefully.....He has a very bad reputation on here, and on pennocks......

edit to add: Since having posted this I've never heard sound-file with any engine and this muffler...
    Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

DKOV was always a joke on this site. If he had a 355 muffler he stole it from someone else. Please check out the link in technical discussions under Jim Ashlock. He is using a 355 muffler on his AD kit with a 3800 SC V6, and no it does not make a sound like a real 355. That sound comes from the crankshaft timing being 180 degrees rather than 90 degrees like most of the torque production motors manufactured in the world today.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Here's an interesting toy.
    http://www.vroombox.com/

There are many things to take in to account for the reproductrion of can automotive sound (hard to do).
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

I have a 355 muffler and have sound clips from the Fiero to the Ferrari. The bad news, is that I used my digital camera and not a camcorder, so the sound recording was not very good. The sound is bad enough that you really cannot tell the difference. I like the look of the OEM muffler and the tips. If I had to do it again, I would not go the OEM 355 route and just buy a good set of tips.

I think the 355 muffler is a great idea. It is Stainless steel and will never wear out, the fit for an AD kit is right on the money too. Other than the cost of the muffler (typically $300-$500) I can see no draw backs other than weight. I used a Flowmaster, custom pipes and silencers in the exhaust to muffel it down a little and I am over $300 to date. If I had not moved to a center exhaust, I would have used a 355 muffler too.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

not sure if im right but didnt Pitbull have a ferrari muffler with a stock fiero engine? there was a video clip somewhere?

I have a OEM 355 Muffler on my car as well.

I dont feel bad paying up to 500 for a real 355 muffler, because I paid 1200 for my titanium exhaust system from HKS for my supra. It was worth every penny to me.