Thread: extreme 360 wipers positioning ?

extreme 360 wipers positioning ?

Hi there,

Im new to this forum and from reading most of the articles it looks like im the right place to find out some info ??? Im currently building my first Kit Car its an extreme 360 but at present find myself stuck on the windscreen wipers I have been sent a DVD but I cant get my head round it :-\ I've removed the wiper motor and moved the arms around as explained but they dont match up, do I need to bend the arms at all to enable them to be popped back into place ??? also the DVD tells me I have some brackets but because you cant see them I am unsure what bracket goes where. Also do I place the motor back onto the original mounts or are these to be cut out and the bay modified in any way so the wipers can be bought forward. Up to now i've had no trouble but this has stumped me and I dont want to end up smashing my windscreen

Re: extreme 360 wipers positioning ?

Hey Funky, If all you have to worry about is the wipers, you're doing great! What else do you have to show us? Post some pics!!!
    www.kitcarlist.com

Quote Originally Posted by dfunky.munky
    Hi there,

Im new to this forum and from reading most of the articles it looks like im the right place to find out some info ??? Im currently building my first Kit Car its an extreme 360 but at present find myself stuck on the windscreen wipers I have been sent a DVD but I cant get my head round it :-\ I've removed the wiper motor and moved the arms around as explained but they dont match up, do I need to bend the arms at all to enable them to be popped back into place ??? also the DVD tells me I have some brackets but because you cant see them I am unsure what bracket goes where. Also do I place the motor back onto the original mounts or are these to be cut out and the bay modified in any way so the wipers can be bought forward. Up to now i've had no trouble but this has stumped me and I dont want to end up smashing my windscreen
    Dfunky welcome, I had to bend the arms slightly so they would not rub against the motor. look at the pics below so you know where to mount the brackets:

Please note the first pic has the bracket upside down, just turn it around. the last pic shows the big bracket that needs welded next to the bonnet hinge.

Thanks GTO

I can see light at the end of the tunnel. I'd hit that brick wall and spent hours just looking and trying to understand what the hell was suppossed to be going on ??? It didnt help though not having the brackets in question which threw me even more.

My DVD doesnt show me anything like I can see in your pictures either I didnt even know I needed to cut the front away to allow the wipers to be moved forwards. Thanks a lot ;D those pic's have helped me more than I can explain.

Cheers.

Yes you have to cut away the whole front part, cos your gonna have to install that bottom windscreen trim as well.