Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: curved door glass for countach

curved door glass for countach

I have a euroworks kit and was wandering if any body makes the curved door glass i have the flat door glass for now but i have new doors and would like to put the curved glass in there and make the bottom glass work.
    Car pics here----->http://www.customcarblogs.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=1103

Re: curved door glass for countach

Quote Originally Posted by turbo355
    I have a euroworks kit and was wandering if any body makes the curved door glass i have the flat door glass for now but i have new doors and would like to put the curved glass in there and make the bottom glass work.
    Sorry I dont know where to get the glass, But please tell us a litte about your car.. Twin Turbo Chevy Countach.. I would love to see some pictures .. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ferrari
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo355
    Sorry I dont know where to get the glass, But please tell us a litte about your car.. Twin Turbo Chevy Countach.. I would love to see some pictures .. ;D

There are pics here http://www.customcarblogs.com/galler...g2_itemId=1103
    I bought the car about 7 years ago from a guy who bought it at a auction and he was goint to turn it into a sign for his building. I payed 2300.00 for it and it was in VERY bad shape. The entire right side, interior and roof was burnt,the guy who burnt it took all the glass out all the interior,wing ,trunk lid and engine cover off before he burnt it. I worked at a body shop at the time and my boss said he would help me fix it as i had no experience fixing fiberglass(he never did).

It has a tube chassie that is way overbuilt but i talked to Alan (owner of euroworks)about it and he said that was the first car that they built and they didn't know how much it would flex so thats why it was built so heavy,the main 2/2 tubes are 1/4in thick and the floor pans are 3/16 thick so it is quite heavy. The body is 1/2 thick fiberglass. when i got the car it had a V8 Archie adapter kit and a very mild 350 chevy i bult this car when i was 20 years old so i tryed to get it togeather as cheap as i could but still do a good job. I used the old motor that was in it it was locked up from where when they put the fire out they shot fire extinguisher down the carb. we freed it up got it running and i drove with that same motor for two years and then sold it to a guy here locally. I bought the car i june of 99 and by december of 99 i was driving it(i have the pics somewhere i will put them in the album soon).

I never liked the first interior i put in it so after two years i redone all of it only this time i made all the panels for the inside out of aluminum then covered that so every thing fits extreamly good and built a new console out of metal then painted the dash and console with black basecoat clear coat paint. It has all digtal gauges for the dash.

A so for the drive train like i said earlier it had a feiro trans with the adapter for the 350 but i never liked that ,those darn getrag trannys are hard to find then one day i was on lambolounge and seen where they were using audi 5000S trans in their cars to turn the motor straight and those trannys are alot eaiser to find and alot cheaper so i bought a K.E.P adapter for it a built a new motor with eldelbrock heads,Eagle rods, TRW pistons, ect. then i started building the engine cradle for it out of 2/2 1/8in wall tubing got that done then and it sat for about a year before i decited to start taking the car apart to build the rear frame for it.

I bought a new shop and put a lift in so i figuered it was time to start ,so i chopped the frame off behind the fire wall (behind the seats)and started building the main frame for the rear it took about a week then i was ready to install the engine cradle i built earlier got that done started building the rear control arms out of 1' DOM tubing and put 3/4 heim joints on all ends i used linclon mark VIII rear spindles ,i had to do alot of machining on the hubs for them to work with my wheels as my wheels were drilled for the feiro bolt patter and center pilot hub size i built the brake system out of four piston willwood callipers and 12" rotors then i moved on to the axles i called everywhere trying to get axles made and no body whould do it so i took the stock audi and linclon axles and machined them down to fit in some 1.5 DOM tubing and pressed them togeather then TIG welded them all up so far they have held up great. I also wanted air ride because the coilovers would just beat you silly if you drive it very far,so i bought everything i needed and built the air ride system for it,so far after two years of driving everything has done great with the suspension.

At first the motor was carbed but i wanted fuel injection so i built my own fuel injection for it, i took a single plane intake i had and welded the inj. bungs in,then i took a old dominator carb i had and made a throttle body out of it,then made my fuel rails. For the ECM i used a megasquirt it works great no problems at all with it. Now for the turbos last year i decided i wanted turbos so i bought two t4 V1 trim turbos,two 60mm waste gates and a 50mm blow off valve and went to work i had that part done in about a week of working late at night .

The car has been built for about 7 years now that i have owned it and it has some little things i would like to fix or correct now nothing major but just somethings that bugs me and would like to fix im in no hurry now, there are so many other things to this car ,it has quite a history even before i got it i have drove this car all over the country i went on two HOTROD power tours with it, and lots of car shows, Im not into the car show thing im more into the drive but when your friends are car show guys you tend to follow. Enough rambling if there is anything anybody wants to know about it just let me know i am glad to help out any way i can if you need pics of a certain part of the car let me know.

Car pics here----->http://www.customcarblogs.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=1103

Man that car is low when its dropped..
    What a incredible storie and and an amazing job of rebuilding your car.. Very nice...

Thank you very much.

I believe that IFG uses curved glass in there kits.
    Euro works doesnt use curved glass?
    thats something to consider since I'm shopping for the best countach kit
    If you can drive it home your not racing it hard enough<br />Toys,06 Mustang GT conv. 90 Mustang GT, 84 Mustang GT dragcar, 80 Thunderbird, 87 Fiero, 85 Fiero

Nick in Japan

Turbo355... Great story mate... Good to see not all kits are destroyed!.. most would have looked at the job a head and say it's to hard!

She is a really nice car... and darn she is just about scraping the deck!

Love to hear her running!

and do you have Pics of the digital gauges for the dash.

Quote Originally Posted by dragracer
    I believe that IFG uses curved glass in there kits.
    Euro works doesnt use curved glass?
    thats something to consider since I'm shopping for the best countach kit
    Thanks i didnt even know they sold the curved glass i will check with them.
    Car pics here-----&gt;http://www.customcarblogs.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=1103

Quote Originally Posted by Black Ops
    Turbo355... Great story mate... Good to see not all kits are destroyed!.. most would have looked at the job a head and say **** it to hard!

She is a really nice car... and darn she is just about scraping the deck!

Love to hear her running!

and do you have Pics of the digital gauges for the dash.
    Thank you for the compliments guys
    I do have some pic's i will try and load them later tonight ,they are not the best as the car is a little dirty at this moment when i gets a little warmer outside i will pull it out in the sun and take some better pic's.
    Car pics here-----&gt;http://www.customcarblogs.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=1103

Hi Tony,

Regarding the curved glass. Here in the Netherlands we have some companies who can produce custom glass for any classic car. I would be surpised if such companies don't exist overthere?

Regards,

Theo

--
    www.siennacountach.net