Thread: Riceburner's HVAC controller

Riceburner's HVAC controller

I have a Dino kit on an 88 Formula. The fan for the air conditioner and heater only works on the highest setting when it does work. As I was admiring FerrariFan's AD355, I noticed he mentioned "Riceburner's HIVAC controller". Is that an upgrade that will fix my problem and if so, where can I get info on this?

Re: Riceburner's HIVAC controller

This is what Riceburner sent me in response to a similar question:

I'm not actually sure where you would install it, if not in the replica 355 console. It may work / look good in another location / dashboard, but you'd have to kind of build the console area around it to be sure it fits. The thing itself is about 6"x3", and 1/4" thick. (not counting the knobs that stick out the top or the connector on the bottom..) This is what you get for $300 - The brackets on the control panel itself are screwed to the bottom, and as-is are designed to work with Rob's 355 replica interior. (the $3k one posted in the thread) They can be changed to whatever is needed though, not too difficult. There are some good installed pictures in the kitcar.ca thread at http://www.madmechanics.com/index.php?topic=4103.375 , but I'm not sure if you can see the pictures if you're not logged in. (my computer just stays logged in, so I can't tell..) They're not on my server, so I can't link to them in this message, I don't think... I'll try: http://www.madmechanics.com/index......ach=2794;image Installation of the rest is really easy, basically take out the Fiero controller and plug this one in. The Fiero heater door cable gets attached to the lever on the motor in the kit, and the fan switch gets replaced by a relay pack. Pretty simple. Just need more time to build them! Between these and the Lambo controllers, it's all I ever do anymore.

Nelson

Re: Riceburner's HIVAC controller

It sounds to me like your fan switch is bad. It should be easy and cheap to fix because the fiero HVAC controls are seperate from the fan switch. A trip to your local scrap yard or posting in the Mall on Pennock's should get you the switch you need.

Re: Riceburner's HVAC controller

88 dino, before you buy anything try this:

Look in the front trunk area, next to the a/c canister deal (not sure of correct name) is silver, there is a plug that has 4 wires I think. It is held in place by two screws, take that loose and clean the the male parts with some sand paper. My fan was doing the same thing, once I cleaned the prongs -presto all fan speeds were working again. if you need a pic of what I am talking about email me at hmdznrcld I will shoot a few pics for you.

RUNDLC

Re: Riceburner's HVAC controller

I sanded the wires to the coils as suggested. This didn't work. I took the fan motor out and put in my 88 GT and it works fine. When I take the working fan from this working 88 GT and put into the non-working 88 Formula, it still doesn't work. Thus after swtiching out the coils, the fan motors, and the climate control switches I have eliminated all these as possibilities. Is there a relay that goes to this circuit or di I simply have bad wires/connectors?