Thread: Dash vent routing

Dash vent routing

Just so I only have to do this once...

Can you guys let me know which outlets from the Fiero heater is for what. I'm sure that #1 is the fresh air intake and I'm pretty sure that #4 is the defrost, but I'm unsure about the other two. My car does have A/C.

Thanks, guys!

Meddle not with the affairs of the Dragon, for you are crunchy... and taste good with ketchup.<br />http://www.rc-sub.com/resources/grap...ni/avatar2.jpg

Re: Dash vent routing

Since you have it this far apart you should do the air as well. it is pretty easy at this point.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

I need this information also! I might suggest that while you are at this point,,,,,replace the heater core. It is located behind the right side and is very simple in this condition. It would be near impossible after we get the dash in. Very cheap (under $50) and well worth it. My core started leaking after just sitting in the garage for over a year. Antifreeze on your new carpet will create some god awfull heartburn!
    8)

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyWheels
    Since you have it this far apart you should do the air as well. it is pretty easy at this point.

Dave
    What do you mean by "do the air"? I'm all ready for A/C. I just need to plumb the compressor, but that won't be until after I get it on the road and driving.

Can anyone let me know which outlet is for what?
    Meddle not with the affairs of the Dragon, for you are crunchy... and taste good with ketchup.<br />http://www.rc-sub.com/resources/grap...ni/avatar2.jpg

I believe the intake and outlets are as follows.

1 = Outside Air Intake (this would be on the other side of a Fiero windshield by the wiper motor)

2 = Flapper Door (when down, Fresh Air, the AC or heated air is directed to the floor or dash vents)

3 = Minimal Defroster (a little air is always going to the windshield but most will go to floor)

4 = Heater/Air Conditioning (Defrost door, this is always open and air flowing through it )
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

I'm going to have to play with it tonight. I could have sworn that #4 was the defrost. If I figure it out through trial and error, I'll post it here.

Okay... here's the story:

#1: fresh air intake (route to outside of car's interior)
    #2: vents and A/C
    #3: heater (when I set to heater, I got air from here and from the floor discharge vents. I will just block this off completely in my build)
    #4: defrost