Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on my project

Update on my project

Hello all,

Thought I would post an update for my build. Am back at work now in the middle east so its on hold again until first of April. However, I have purchased the 4.9 install wiring harnes and mounting brackets from Ed Parks, picked up a 4.9 caddy in Memphis, but still am looking for the right five speed isuzu tranny so was not able to do te engine install yet. I did however put the coil overs together and get them under the car:

Got the coil over kit off of ebay, 32.50 with shipping, for a 88-91 Honda Civic #330190. This is my first time posting picts so be patient.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Building a F40 replica, 4.9 caddy, 5 speed.

Re: Update on my project

Not going to bore you with the build details, just want to give credit to fierohoho on the pennock's furom. Great documentation, I highly recommend this project for the newbies like me.

Am looking into doing my own powder coating, if there is anyone here doing so drop me a line.

One more pict.

i am going to be building an F40 in case i haven't mentioned it. So any other F40 builders/owners zap me a email or something. I will be picking up the body kit, rear window, front spoiler, etc all in one big loop in early june. I'll be driving through tenn, kent, ohio, minn, idia, etc. Alot of driving, but alot of fun picking up all that stuff don't you think?

If anyone's interested, I have the same coilover kit (for the Civic) that I just removed from my car. It's almost new, it just didn't fit over my struts and it was installed when I got the project. I've got no use for it. 350lb springs. One of the rings seems to have a burr under it, so its hard to spin, but they're perfectly functional. $40 plus shipping will get it to you:

Meddle not with the affairs of the Dragon, for you are crunchy... and taste good with ketchup.<br />http://www.rc-sub.com/resources/grap...ni/avatar2.jpg

Almost forgot, i also spent a couple of hours doing a short throw job on the gear shift. Basically i was looking for another reason to do some cutting and welding. Very easy to do and straightforward.

Just take the one you got. Cut out the handle from the base.

I had to straighten out mine before i cut it the exact length that i wanted. After rewelding make sure you buff and paint your new work. Then reattach the knob and your done. Again...I am going to be building an F40, my email is mikebrnch@yahoo.com; at the moment I am stuck in a hotel in the Kingdom of Bahrain for the next two or three days waiting on my passport visa to be processed. SO I AM BORED. Anyone else who drives/is building an F40 drop me a line, send me some picts, throw me a bone here. Anyway thanks for looking...

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

nice work on the coil overs an the shifter , i just got a Pontiac G6 6-speed transmission an i have a Aurora engine with 250hp ,i also ordered 3 more 360 rear clips they will be ready in 3 weeks
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!