Thread: Anyone ever done this to Mera/308/328 quarter windows/louvers??

Anyone ever done this to Mera/308/328 quarter windows/louvers??

The two related things that've always bugged me about my Mera (1) the side louvers over non-existent quarter panel windows are fake. (They're also a little oddly shaped proportion-wise, adding to the fake-ness.) And (2), having no quarter windows really kills your visibility.

Anyway, for some time I've been considering using replacement windows like those found on 86-88 GT Fieros and 355 kits. Check out these and let me know what you think. I know I'd be losing part of the classic look, but I think a nice, real window would be more authentic than a fake louver.

Has anybody done this with a Mera/328 type kit before? My concern is structural integrity. Obviously I'm going to need to cut a hole in the quarter area for the window... Since this Mera is on a Fiero that would've have the window holes, is it likely the holes are there under the Mera body?

Here I like the clear window:
    http://www.secureleadercom.com/fssto...Bit=3&dept=228

If I went with this part, I'd get the turbo scoop with tinted window:
    http://www.secureleadercom.com/fssto...Bit=3&dept=260

Re: Anyone ever done this to Mera/308/328 quarter windows/louvers??

Since my car is a hardtop car, I'm designing my own Windows in place of the louvers. I'd rather have it look like a GTB not a cross between a GBT and GTS.

I'm not sure if they windows in your links will fit correctly in the space that is currently available. I stopped by a auto glass shop and checked out some OEM side glass from various cars but nothing seem to work. I also spoke to a guy who designs custom glass to see if it would be cost effective to have some side glass made.

I agree. I've always hated the louvers (and the hood louvers as well). Keep checking the forum, I had some custom extruded aluminum made and I'm doing some custom headlight grilles and real center hood grille as well. (2 other things I've always hated about these cars ...

Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.