Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much truth is there to...

How much truth is there to...

How much truth is there to the rumor that a Geo Storm windshield will fit a fiero? Or what about the Chrysler sebring or any other car? Is John Watsons windshield the only thing that works! Well pictures of Dalefords Testa, Funnywheels III, and others windshields look great. So of course I am interested in doiing this myself.

Jack

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

Re: How much truth is there to...

The windshield John sell was made to fit 3 of the fiero windshield openings , the top an both sides the alteration is the extended bottom windshield tray. The Fiero look totally different with the custom glass in, now the other 2 windshields will work but you are using a custom fiberglass windshield surround that is bonded to the Fiero frame ,then the GEO or Sebring windshield will fit into the new opening ,then windshields can be purchased at your local glass shop for $130.00 installed ,all three improve the look of the car ,i will look for the old picture of the Sebring surround that MadMike posted with no glass in it , i will be back in my shops on April 26, 07 to resume work on all my projects an guys if you own several cars keep the titles in a safe deposite box at a bank : 8) or buy the ex out of them to get them back ;D

In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

thanx for the input

Jack
    other input invited

I posted a similar question in this thread a while back:

http://www.madmechanics.com/index.ph...66388#msg66388

Long story short, the car on this site uses a Storm windshield.

http://www.angelfire.com/vt/ferrarikits/

I don't know how easy it is to drop the windshield in (not to mention modifying the wipers to work). I sent a mail to the address on that site but got no response...

Quote Originally Posted by punkit
    How much truth is there to the rumor that a Geo Storm windshield will fit a fiero? Or what about the Chrysler sebring or any other car? Is John Watsons windshield the only thing that works! Well pictures of Dalefords Testa, Funnywheels III, and others windshields look great. So of course I am interested in doiing this myself.

Jack

Stay away from the Chrysler Sebring! MadMike said it was the answer, and he had an excellant used one in stock, so I drove out of my way to pick it up. It was too wide across the bottom, and when I called Mike on it he said to cut away some of my A pillars! Thanks Mike but no thanks. I bought a Trevor glass and the Sebring glass is sitting at a local glass shop, awaiting a Sebring in need.
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

I was looking at pics of the geo storm and it appears to be a worthy candidate! however I do like the idea of trevors windshield but the replacement cost can be catastropic. with safety inspections required each year, I would be change them every year.

Jack

??? Jack: Why do you say you would have to change the windshield every year due to safety inspections?
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !

I wish I would have thought of it before I sold my donor car. I would have bought a Storm Windshield and tried it myself. I have heard the same thing about the storm windshield but would love to see it in person or actually speak to someone who has done it.

Every now and again, I see a Storm at the bone yard. The next time I do, maybe I'll see if I can get the windshield cheap (even if I crack it) just to try on a donor fiero.
    Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

I cant avoid rock chips living in Utah people drive like maniacs. And there is always some kind of road construction.

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER
    The windshield John sell was made to fit 3 of the fiero windshield openings , the top an both sides the alteration is the extended bottom windshield tray. The Fiero look totally different with the custom glass in, now the other 2 windshields will work but you are using a custom fiberglass windshield surround that is bonded to the Fiero frame ,then the GEO or Sebring windshield will fit into the new opening ,then windshields can be purchased at your local glass shop for $130.00 installed ,all three improve the look of the car ,i will look for the old picture of the Sebring surround that MadMike posted with no glass in it , i will be back in my shops on April 26, 07 to resume work on all my projects an guys if you own several cars keep the titles in a safe deposite box at a bank : 8) or buy the ex out of them to get them back ;D

Can you tell me more about the custom surround to use the storm glass? I am assuming you fab that yourself or have a local shop do for you. Have also considered the custom glass sold by John, left a message last month and have not heard back yet. Anyone know about how much his are running now?

mike
    Building a F40 replica, 4.9 caddy, 5 speed.